What is the weight of the T3 's

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
for somebody who dosent care you sure take a lot of time to watch and post in this thread

Your keeping track of what I do? lol. I come on once in the mornings usually. Most of the time I can just skip 15 pages ahead and realize I haven't missed anything! It bothers me a little lol... People haven't even RIDDEN it yet and everyone's super concerned about the weight!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your keeping track of what I do? lol. I come on once in the mornings usually. Most of the time I can just skip 15 pages ahead and realize I haven't missed anything! It bothers me a little lol... People haven't even RIDDEN it yet and everyone's super concerned about the weight!

Wouldn't you be? Paying 17,000 for the latest greatest machine with claims of coming in lighter? Fawkin rights people want to know if it's true or not and I don't blame them. I don't care either way but I am curious to see how they did. I've ridden it too but that doesn't mean it's lighter lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uhh about 99% of people people do it for noise lol. Notice the 9000000000 threads about which can is loudest or which sounds the best? It would be a hard sell if it was just to save for or 5 pounds for 350 dollars. Im saying they designed that sled to handle light... The weight number isn't as important as everyone thinks it is. Back on topic.... do NOT try and tell me everyone buys aftermarket cans simply because of weight savings because that's crap lol.

For sure they do. My mbrp race can was a 19lb loss not 5. It definitely isn't the only reason people buy cans your right. A nice clean sound is also important. But sound is NOT the only reason

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be? Paying 17,000 for the latest greatest machine with claims of coming in lighter? Fawkin rights people want to know if it's true or not and I don't blame them. I don't care either way but I am curious to see how they did. I've ridden it too but that doesn't mean it's lighter lol.

agreed.....no one is bashing anything....chill out T-team...lol

We just want to see where these weigh out....that's all....doubt it will change anybody's mind to buy or not

since there is a drive over scale on route to my dealer, I plan to weigh my new M8000 163 when I pick it up and hopefully weigh my 14' (same model) when I go drop it off....why? just a comparison

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure they do. My mbrp race can was a 19lb loss not 5. It definitely isn't the only reason people buy cans your right. A nice clean sound is also important. But sound is NOT the only reason
if your mbrp can lost 19lbs...ill eat it...stocker weighs 18lbs

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

I know that... Paying 17,000 for the latest greatest machine that claims of coming in lighter.... its going to weigh the SAME as what they said before. THATS WHAT IM SAYING. I dont care what company you are or how big you are you would get torched if you did otherwise.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that... Paying 17,000 for the latest greatest machine that claims of coming in lighter.... its going to weigh the SAME as what they said before. THATS WHAT IM SAYING. I dont care what company you are or how big you are you would get torched if you did otherwise.

Exactly. It's not often doo claims weight loss so I'm damn sure they covered there bases

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Read it again.....

A2 - The initial objective was for the Summit X with T3 package 174 (3” in. lugs) to weigh as little as the Summit X 163 (2.5 in. lugs) and for the Summit X with T3 package 163 (3” in. lugs) to weigh as little as the Summit X 154 (2.5 in. lugs). Our weight reduction program was a success and we have in fact exceeded our weight goal. The sleds now weigh less than we originally published. This margin allowed us to switch back to the standard muffler currently used on all Summit models

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read it again.....

A2 - The initial objective was for the Summit X with T3 package 174 (3” in. lugs) to weigh as little as the Summit X 163 (2.5 in. lugs) and for the Summit X with T3 package 163 (3” in. lugs) to weigh as little as the Summit X 154 (2.5 in. lugs). Our weight reduction program was a success and we have in fact exceeded our weight goal. The sleds now weigh less than we originally published. This margin allowed us to switch back to the standard muffler currently used on all Summit models

That right there is why this topic is a interesting one, and a puzzling one.

They had a wicked prototype that worked really well with the new exhaust and ported track than a major production change was made to go back to the original exhaust and reduce the track porting.

BRP claims the production model T3 is lighter with the old exhaust, which is odd to begin with. IF the t3 is as light as they say it is why not make it lighter yet by using the exhaust and track that was advertised during snocheck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T-team you should fill Maxwells front and rear bumper up with cement, and soak his seat in water if he don't care about weight lol.

We need snow! Cause when everyone is stuck up to there tits in snow who cares how heavy they are! They all weigh to much then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T-team you should fill Maxwells front and rear bumper up with cement, and soak his seat in water if he don't care about weight lol.

We need snow! Cause when everyone is stuck up to there tits in snow who cares how heavy they are! They all weigh to much then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Maxwell do the same to super salesman's as he doesn't care either ??

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at the wording of that......maybe they upped the weight of the 2.5" sleds so their advertising wasnt a lie? haha

Does anyone remember the RT1000??? Were people saying the same thing about the weight not mattering then? What a bunch of BS.

But yes there is no doubt that the T3s will work well. Now someone post a damn weight already!

Top Bottom