What is the Best atv all terrain tire

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mud Lite XTR"s Been bashing everything on my can Am 800 xt. 72 mph on the road and up to the seat in black mud. Smoked the tires a few times on ashphalt too ! Still good rubber left after 4000 miles. Cant kill "em ! Even rolled the bike and she just bounced around and did not break the bead on SS alloys. So....Try giving JT"s Snowmobile in New Lowell Ont. a call as he has Super Prices and ships everywhere cheap. 1 800 465 5668. Really, its just a phone call and free.Cheaper to ship west than Northern Ont ! Go figure...Don.:cool:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If everyone went around and cut an easier route through a spot with a little mud hole , our trails would be a mile wide in some spots ....!
Once you go around a hole , then soon the " cheater trail" is worse than the original spot .... so in fact you end up with multiple ... bad holes .
This applies to many many miles of our trails ...
Build a bridge , or pull out the winch cable .
Making more impassable trails in a low section is the opposite of sustainability ... imo .
Some times a little winch or a push is all that is needed to get through a tough section , rather than cutting down trees and making multiple bad spots ...

A little bigger tire sure helps , but a winch is your friend as well. More often than not it is much easier to go down the center of the trail , rather than trying to avoid the hole and sliding into it on your side anyways ...
Wether you enjoy mud or not , the fact is that is a big part of the West Country trail system . If you wish to avoid it you will be turning around an awful lot .
Or sadly making more & more trails that will just present the same problems .
In a lot of trails there is a cheater trail around on high ground , but a lot of the time the " way around " is worse further down the trail , out of sight.

A good size set of tires and a skilled driver/ rider and proper use of the winch will get you through most spots though...
With less ... trail damage , machine damage , and also keeps the group together for a safer more enjoyable ride ....
In short , even if you are not a so called "mudder", a descent set of tires is a substantial benefit to your overall enjoyment of your machine ,imo .
Happy trails .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better to build bridge then mud holes don't get any deeper and trails don't get shut down and bigger tires to get through is gone.
Which is going to happen sooner than later, if not shut down altogether

Interesting they are shutting down the castle area and eastern slopes and some are still advocating big mud tires high hp #'s and making mud holes deeper? Won't be long now

Last edited:

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to build a bridge over every mud hole in western Alberta to cross you will be sitting at one until about 2050 waiting....just saying...
but I get what you mean

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way my vote is 28" zillas, fantastic tire all around including snow. Had them on my outlander 1000 and plowed snow all the time with them they worked great

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hp has nothing to do with it , but then again neither does tire size ...
In low range any machine can spin its tires , based on gearing / nothing to do with horse power ... lol
Sport quads with two wheel drive have the most power to weight / traction with the smallest tires ? Ban them ?
Lol
BTW what size tires are you running , we are all curious?
Stock or big , say 30 inch mud tires ?

Seems a little hypocritical to constantly run down big mud tires , when you have a lift and snorkels as well as 30 inch super aggressive mud tires on your machine , incidentally one of the heaviest machines on the trails ?

I don't get it .....it's okay for you but not for any one else ? Lmao

Last edited:

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be so sure any quad can spin its tires...my brother's honda 680 rincon's tires just stop in sticky mud lol... 3 speed transmission...no low gear = junk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha , got me there ... disclaimer ( Hondas excluded) and the odd Yamaha ...lol

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rzrgade you seem to have a lot of experience with different tire setups... I'm looking for a decent 30" tire for my defender hd10 for going west just curious on your thoughts? Gonna keep the stock bighorns for around the yard

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0201.jpg IMG_0202.jpg IMG_0223.jpg

Dad bought these 30s for the good fish rally on the 29th of April at our lake. yikes they make the 28 zillas look like stockers

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was actually considering those, just curious how do they run on hard pack?

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way my vote is 28" zillas, fantastic tire all around including snow. Had them on my outlander 1000 and plowed snow all the time with them they worked great

Did they wear fast. I have been told they are soft and dont last long?

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they wear fast. I have been told they are soft and dont last long?
I had about 1200 kms on them and they were maybe a quarter way through their lifespan. And I was not easy on them I steered that machine with the throttle lol

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't run them on pavement much though...I imagine they would wear a lot faster if I did

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hp has nothing to do with it , but then again neither does tire size ...
In low range any machine can spin its tires , based on gearing / nothing to do with horse power ... lol
Sport quads with two wheel drive have the most power to weight / traction with the smallest tires ? Ban them ?
Lol
BTW what size tires are you running , we are all curious?
Stock or big , say 30 inch mud tires ?

Seems a little hypocritical to constantly run down big mud tires , when you have a lift and snorkels as well as 30 inch super aggressive mud tires on your machine , incidentally one of the heaviest machines on the trails ?

I don't get it .....it's okay for you but not for any one else ? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE interesting seems like the almighty maverick is a bit heavier than the ranger. please explain ranger 1360 maverick lists at 1649, again you seem to be full of crap.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the Mav specs from Canam site
d5d2ed404fb127e6b7e307125bcfb4b2.jpg

Please note the weight ?
Here is a ranger 900 . Off of the Polaris site . These are their numbers , not just numbers made up like you posted ...lolIMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/07dab73cb00f90ba3bc7e40e627ce571.jpg[/IMG]
Who is full of BS ....? Again .

But please explain your tires choice , we are all waiting ?
I am anxious to hear how you run 30 inch tires and a heavier machine , but don't chew anything up .
BUT , the rest of us who run the exact same type and size of tire are "wrecking" it for everyone else ?

We are all curious ?

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was actually considering those, just curious how do they run on hard pack?

Great tire , tough as nails and ride smooth... I don't have them but ride a lot with kieth ( wild1) . He is very happy with them . They are a little heavy , but they are a an awesome tire . Wear like Kevlar ....lol
I run the cryptids , great tire too a little lighter , and really smooth .
Both tires I would recommend, particularly on a SXS .

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am even lighter at 1323 Lbs

Good thing I run a stock machine with stock tires

Top Bottom