98 ZL440 Clutching

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning guys, picked up a 98 440 last year but didn’t do much more than get it running. Jack shaft bearing went on it last week so starting to go through it more thorough.

I pulled the primary apart last night and the weights arms were in brutal shape. To the point where I’m going to have to replace them instead of just the bushings inside.

I am not familiar with Cats at all, can I use Polaris weight arms and pins for this? What are some good websites or kits I should be looking at for parts? It has 46.5 g weights in it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a3eb5368ac493faaca87968112683f44.jpg

Here is a pic of the old girl. Might try to throw a few “build” pics up later.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the old hinging hoods too that would be great. The three tabs on bottom of the hood are snapped off. Was going to use 18ga plate and rivets to rig something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able source a pin and bushing kit. It is currently held up at the border but I'm hoping this gets me going again.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    607.8 KB · Views: 76

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able source a pin and bushing kit. It is currently held up at the border but I'm hoping this gets me going again.
You may want to take a look at the spider for wear also. If the pin and bushings were loose the weight most likely gouged the spider.

Top Bottom