What is the Best atv all terrain tire

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something to look at also is the space between your 12 inch rim and brake caliper.

Mud, clay or rocks and get in and cut the rim or break it. I have been down that path a few times. Crossing a creek caused a rock to break a rim once.

For a quad i would run ziila's I did get 1 summer out of mine. I am hard on chit.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that was just pay back from from the NDP creek gods ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something to look at also is the space between your 12 inch rim and brake caliper.

Mud, clay or rocks and get in and cut the rim or break it. I have been down that path a few times. Crossing a creek caused a rock to break a rim once.

For a quad i would run ziila's I did get 1 summer out of mine. I am hard on chit.

Sorry to get off topic but Did you have this problem on any other machines besides your rzr? I've never seen it happen on anything else but I've seen multiple stock rims with big holes punched out on rzrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to get off topic but Did you have this problem on any other machines besides your rzr? I've never seen it happen on anything else but I've seen multiple stock rims with big holes punched out on rzrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My quad broke 2 rims, rzr broke 1 and cut the chit out of 3 more.

I do ride ride a lot each year

Rim too close to the caliber

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a guy put us all to shame with the worst tires ever,that includes winter creek riding with a few stud screws..If you are a really good rider doesn't matter what tires you have,but personally I run mud tires maxxis mud bugs,next tire I would run would be zillas and the guys that really giver do pretty good with bighorns,hate to say it but it really chews up your yard good to have a set of stock at home.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay away from anything with itp on the sidewall! from what i have seen.

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My Can Am brakes are both inboard so I dont have to worrie about that.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyriptids are limited in size. They only come big lol. Nice tire. I have to agree with rzrgade on the swamplites horrible tire and butt ugly to look at lol!

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called today to get prices on Zilla's and the guy there Rec CST Wild Thangs. Said they had a stiffer side wall that will work better for my max and the tire won't fold under when cornering as bad. He s also said the will last longer then the Zilla's. Little cheaper as well. They look just like the Zilla's. He even said CST makes the Zilla for Maxxis. Just what he told me. This was Rapid Revolution. Have you guys hear of these tires?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good tire in my books is one that is made of nylon/rudder compound and that holds air for the price I pay. Ha.

Extra traction comes from tire chains when needed since speed or pin it is not my riding style.

Drop some air pressure for soft ground. Add some for hard ground of sticks and rocks. Find the pressure that fits both areas and put on the miles.

Money saved on tires allows for more time not working too pay for them, and days, weeks, months wearing them out.

My plan is cheap tires as my friends alway have a winch line too pull me out. LOL.

That's what friends are for.

Lem with bald factory tires as I run them too the inner cords. Best tire is the ones that end their life on the trail, that way the rubber bead peels off by hand back at camp.

Done a few 50 km returns on steel rims that are built for this stuff.

Looks awesome at night time as I can see sparks flying when steel meets granite rocks. Pretty colours of sparks when going faster. Ha

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you run these tires on a G4 with out blowing belts ?
Also do I need a lift or will they rub on the bulkhead and break it ????

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the big horns, they are smooth and do not slip around on the trails. The only experience I have had with ITP's is the mudlights, rough... lots of flats. The worst tire you can buy in my opinion. Clearance and traction would save you dollars if you only have mudding in mind, and big horns would not be a good choice for this.

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the big horns, they are smooth and do not slip around on the trails. The only experience I have had with ITP's is the mudlights, rough... lots of flats. The worst tire you can buy in my opinion. Clearance and traction would save you dollars if you only have mudding in mind, and big horns would not be a good choice for this.

Yes well muding is the last on my list of stuff to ride in. But like said before
we do live in Alberta and you will come across it and some times its just fun.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes well muding is the last on my list of stuff to ride in. But like said before
we do live in Alberta and you will come across it and some times its just fun.

Mud will find you.

It's that nice trail 9 or 10 km and a mud spot shows up.

Go back?

Go across?

Only one answer,,,,,

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
build a bridge and make it sustainable!

Would not need big tires or hp then. Hmmm may work, our group has repaired and built a few bridges across a few water crossings, usually takes an hour or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom