What drives me nuts!

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I bought my Tundra (Toyota not Skidoo). Standing in the dealership and I had to ask for a sales person. The guy said just a minute and went to get a nice sales lady that usually sells Corolla's to old ladies (the same sales guy went back to talking with the two other sales guys). She didn't know ch!t about trucks.

Good thing for me there's more than one Toyota dealership in Ed that likes my money. Even so the guy at the second dealership had to make a stupid comment when I asked him if putting a lift and 35's voided the warrenty. Something along the lines of "you'll need a ladder to get in there". I'm 5'10" you stupid F***

Ok end of rant :rant:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is cool............Now i don't have to ever watch Jerry Springer again.......:Happy6::TVsurf::blah::woohoo1:

RIVERSIDE YAMAHA

Reaction score
Website
www.rideriverside.com
Why is that everytime I walk into a dealership I don't get taken seriously becasue I am a female? I know just as much as some of those guys out there.. The best was when I was buying a jersey and the sales guy asked if it was for my boyfriend.. Nope sure wasn't!
For any of you that work at quad or such dealerships, the women shoppers are just as important as the men!
Listen here girl. If I was to disrespect a lady like that my wife would kick my butt (she can) it`s not pretty but true. 50% of all the motorcycle training courses are women students. A huge percentage are women riders. If shops have not caught onto that yet keep looking for the right shop. Our Parts girls, Accessory girls and service ladies ALL ride! My wife rides a VSTAR 1100 and has a Suzuki motocross bike. Advice? Try a new dealership. Our ladies not only know thier stuff but ride and ride well!
Greg Symbaluk Riverside Yamaha-Suzuki (Pictured is my wife going to the track).

Attachments

• la la 5.jpg
    la la 5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 30

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way to go.. And as you right fully should if he worked there.. Your money is just as good and spends the same as any mans money does.. I think it rocks women gettin int oit, cause then if both people in a relationship ride then they can go out and enjoy it together. And if the man dont ride then all the power to the women to go out with their other riding buddies.. But all in all it's good for the sport... We always need more women and people into the sport... It is a very fun sport..

How about the guy that saw me pull up in my Ford Outlaw 350 with a 10" lift and 38" tires... walks up and says, "Wow, your husband lets you drive that? I'd let you drive I guess, but you'd have to wear a mini-skirt..." Awesome. Come out of the dark ages Neanderthal! (And FYI, he has his own lifted truck... mine's bigger...)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
How about the guy that saw me pull up in my Ford Outlaw 350 with a 10" lift and 38" tires... walks up and says, "Wow, your husband lets you drive that? I'd let you drive I guess, but you'd have to wear a mini-skirt..." Awesome. Come out of the dark ages Neanderthal! (And FYI, he has his own lifted truck... mine's bigger...)

I don't see the issue, I feel he handled the situation perfectly, you should have been flattered......Just sayin.....;)

Bwahahahahahahahahaha:p:p

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love it when guys say things like "How do you like riding on the back of your husbands sled?" or "you own your own sled?". I have actually been told by some jerk that sledding isn't for women and to stay in the kitchen... :eek::nono:

My husband just steps back and says... "dude, she's gonna kill you" LOL

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always had reasonable service at the shops, most of the guys at RIVERSIDE & AB Cycle know me by my first name, as I do spend quite a bit of money & time at both. My boyfriend rarely gets the time to shop for his bike himself, so i'm always shopping for both, Riverside being my bestfriend now since i bought the KTM. It depends on the guy your talkin to, sure, i've had the odd idiot behind the counter talkin to me like I dont know WTF i'm talking about, but I try to take it upon myself to strike up a convo about biking or quading, etc with the guys then they quickly figure it out that I am there shopping for MY toy..and then that way the next time I come in and get the same guy he remembers me because of the stories we shared and I get treated like gold. I do love it when i walk up to counters and theyre like "Hey Taryn!"

Big THANKS to the guys at RIVERSIDE who put together a lengthly order for my KTM rebuild this fall, ughh what a nightmare it was taking my new bike out for the first rip and it BLOWS UP! Complete top/bottom end rebuilt, good thing I only paid $1800 for the bike, now its like NEW and Riverside got all my parts in a week and got me the best prices possible (as well as a discount). So i'd have to say my experiences have been decent..

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Still though,a mini would be a nice touch :d

Just sayin'....

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ladies, I sure hate to say it, but I get it on the opposite side of the counter too.... Sometimes I feel like I'm just a talking rack!!!

Yes I do have boobs, yes I am young.... And yes, I have been riding sleds and quads since I was three.. Do the math people 18 years.

I can't tell you how often people (I say people because men and women are both guilty) just look right past me. If I am behind the parts counter with Mur190 or the other youngin who works in my department, they look at the boys.

I say "oh well, you just missed out on great service and a nice smile!!"... Makes me feel better!

I hope the hunt for great service in this industry gets easier for you ladies! I hope it gets better for me too!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Good point A-cup....er I mean Ally...........:d:beer:

Well ladies, I sure hate to say it, but I get it on the opposite side of the counter too.... Sometimes I feel like I'm just a talking rack!!!

Yes I do have boobs, yes I am young.... And yes, I have been riding sleds and quads since I was three.. Do the math people 18 years.

I can't tell you how often people (I say people because men and women are both guilty) just look right past me. If I am behind the parts counter with Mur190 or the other youngin who works in my department, they look at the boys.

I say "oh well, you just missed out on great service and a nice smile!!"... Makes me feel better!

I hope the hunt for great service in this industry gets easier for you ladies! I hope it gets better for me too!

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I got a couple here more form me being young. When I was 19 I walked into allendale and bought my cargo trailer. The look on the salesmans face when I walked up to him and said i'll take that trailer, he asked if I had spoke with the credit department I said nop no need and handed him a cheque and walked his expression was priceless.

Another was when I was truck shopping I went into a Toyota dealership and I was with a few buddies and a female salesman walks up and asks can I help you. I said I'd like to test drive the lifted Tacoma. She said to me that they don't let anyone test drive their vehicles. I turned and left, came back the next weekend, after buying my chevy, and found the saleslady and said to her you see that truck in the lot, they let anyone test drive and buy these. I spoke with the sales manager after that and she wasn't there much longer after that.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Ok I got a couple here more form me being young. When I was 19 I walked into allendale and bought my cargo trailer. The look on the salesmans face when I walked up to him and said i'll take that trailer, he asked if I had spoke with the credit department I said nop no need and handed him a cheque and walked his expression was priceless.

Another was when I was truck shopping I went into a Toyota dealership and I was with a few buddies and a female salesman walks up and asks can I help you. I said I'd like to test drive the lifted Tacoma. She said to me that they don't let anyone test drive their vehicles. I turned and left, came back the next weekend, after buying my chevy, and found the saleslady and said to her you see that truck in the lot, they let anyone test drive and buy these. I spoke with the sales manager after that and she wasn't there much longer after that.

great story....sorry bout that chevy part though......lol...j/j

doitonall4

Reaction score
Listen here girl. If I was to disrespect a lady like that my wife would kick my butt (she can) it`s not pretty but true. 50% of all the motorcycle training courses are women students. A huge percentage are women riders. If shops have not caught onto that yet keep looking for the right shop. Our Parts girls, Accessory girls and service ladies ALL ride! My wife rides a VSTAR 1100 and has a Suzuki motocross bike. Advice? Try a new dealership. Our ladies not only know thier stuff but ride and ride well!
Greg Symbaluk Riverside Yamaha-Suzuki (Pictured is my wife going to the track).

I sure did switch dealerships, right over to yours! I always get great service there and I no longer go to the other places.. I'll be stopping by today to do a little christmas shopping!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my mrs went to buy a car from a dealer in the west end,after we test drove it and she decided she was going to buy it we went into his office,ha asked how are we paying for it..when the wife said cash the jerk salesman said ..o big shot eh!..thats when i ripped him a new ars and we got up and left never to back there again,..i have so many time told peeps at sled and quad shops..why are you talking to me..shes buying it..she knows more about cars,quads,sleds than half the guys i know...just sayin!

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have all been treated like an idiot by a salesperson at one time or anouther so i think i know a little about how all you gals feel. I think your all looking at it the wrong way. If in fact you do know more about what your buying then the salesman it makes it all the sweeter if your a girl and who knows you may see the DB on the hill or trail and out ride him ta boot. AND you guys always have the option of fluttering your eyes and bending over for prompt service if i tried that they would ask who called the plumber lol. If i were a girl i would play both sides make men look like dumb a$$es whenever possible and sit there and look pretty when i couldn't. "Silly boy, I'm just a girl"/BLINK BLINK ( oh and i'd be a lesbian ) Please send all hate mail via PM in case my mom gets a s&m profile. lmao

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't remember which of you ladies was behind the counter...but for years we always went to Ralphs and the best one to talk to was Linda, she was the best! Even all the men I know went to her for all parts ect... I sure miss her there, infact we don't go anymore! I think the bad service on women is funny always makes me laugh!! Same on the hill, I love it when the guys that are new to riding say..are you ok with going there?? Come on its funny when they are stuck 1/2 up and you head past them! lol

A few years back I went into a shop in Red Deer, I know names will get "modded" so I will just say I was looking at the new Rev, yes Rev :-s 800 the sales guy came out and said "honey that sled it a little big for you" Made me laugh for 2 reasons..one I am 5'11 and the size of your average man, 2 I was looking to buy a new 800 so went right over to Hanna and bought one! Now a few weeks ago we went into an AC dealer in Red Deer because my hubby was looking for a new M 1000, yup that's right going to take it home that day cash and all in pocket but not one person came over for about the first 20 min we were in there, sat looking at us looking at sleds...just as we were leaving a guy did..needless to say Men get it too!!! LOL

Top Bottom