What drives me nuts!

doitonall4

Reaction score
Why is that everytime I walk into a dealership I don't get taken seriously becasue I am a female? I know just as much as some of those guys out there.. The best was when I was buying a jersey and the sales guy asked if it was for my boyfriend.. Nope sure wasn't!
For any of you that work at quad or such dealerships, the women shoppers are just as important as the men!

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on this one. Everytime I walk in it's $200.00 [min.] And the "he, will like that" remarks. Thanks, yes I will like it and I will like it in the back of "MY" truck. Thank you.
I have figured out since I bought my quad, Dec, 26,2006 till now I have spent over $20,000.00 dollars, thats including Fox wear, to accessories for the quad. etc..... That is probally more than other first time quad owners. I spend the money and I think we should get free things plus our dicsount when we spend lots of money, guys get that service, I have seen it.
Another thing thats erks me is, the service departments, and that includes vehicles, why is the 2 now a 4??
With this being said, I give them credit, I bitch and complain but I still walk in. $200.00 please, as I bend over going out.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so you girls know..its not just you gettin bent over.........I spent alot of years walking into places and getting NO service what so ever......Eventually I started setting up meetings after doing my research other places. When I decides to buy something in new where from and for how much and they never saw me until I came to pick it up. The reasons for my lack of service was my age and the fact that I have a big nose.!!!! After the dealers that I choose to deal with new I meant business, They treated me better......as soon as they didnt I went elsewhere and spent my coin there. Piss on em if they cant handle my nose....and ....if I may add....if you two are bending over in the dealerships...im opening one up!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on this one. Everytime I walk in it's $200.00 [min.] And the "he, will like that" remarks. Thanks, yes I will like it and I will like it in the back of "MY" truck. Thank you.
I have figured out since I bought my quad, Dec, 26,2006 till now I have spent over $20,000.00 dollars, thats including Fox wear, to accessories for the quad. etc..... That is probally more than other first time quad owners. I spend the money and I think we should get free things plus our dicsount when we spend lots of money, guys get that service, I have seen it.
Another thing thats erks me is, the service departments, and that includes vehicles, why is the 2 now a 4??
With this being said, I give them credit, I bitch and complain but I still walk in. $200.00 please, as I bend over going out.

Come on now this isn't a one way chute. I spent about 85,000.00 on sleds and qauds and acc. last year. Twice last year from parts and service people I was told to have a coffee and get the fugg out of the way. Only to hear may I help you MISS. WTF.:eek: I go in to pick up 4 cases of oil and have to lug it all out myself. The warden goes in to pick up 6 oz. of D.D. oil and they carry it out for her. WTF:eek: 30 point discount so I just STFU. If your not getting a discount D.L. maybe your not dressed for the occasion:D:p:eek:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know in an industry that seems to be largely male dominated, it's good to see more and more women getting involved.. I built a sled for a women this year at the shop and it was really enjoyable actually builiung one for a women for a change.. Well i actually enjoy all the sleds I build pretty much but my point is the fact it's nice to see more women getting into the sport..

Last edited by a moderator:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know in an industry that seems to be largely male dominated, it's good to see more and more women getting involved.. I built a sled for a women this year at the shop and it was really enjoyable actually builiung one for a women for a change.. Well i actually enjoy all the sleds i build pretty much but my point is the fact it's nice to see more wmoen getting into the sport..

I like her Black lifted chevy too :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yap.....dats her

Yah thats a pretty sweet truck. It's amazing she could walk up to the side of her big truck with a deck on it and high heels on and grab the deck and just flip herself up onto the deck.. I know alot of guys that cant do that..

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smirk when I'm in the market to spend the big bucks on a new ride. How they treat me determines a significant part of the sale, and if they mess up.......see ya later. If they don't need to help me, I don't need to drop my cash in their register. If they don't take me seriously that I'm in a buying mode, then I don't take them seriously when they're in a selling mode.

The dumbest remark from a guy hanging around at a dealership was that a 600cc sled was all I'd need to buy. I asked if he had ever seen me ride. I nicely said that I need a sled that would break trail in 5 feet of snow going up hill. He said the one I was buying would, and I replied that was why I was buying it. I then asked if he suggested a 600 for many men.

If he was an employee of the dealership, I'd have walked out on the sale.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smirk when I'm in the market to spend the big bucks on a new ride. How they treat me determines a significant part of the sale, and if they mess up.......see ya later. If they don't need to help me, I don't need to drop my cash in their register. If they don't take me seriously that I'm in a buying mode, then I don't take them seriously when they're in a selling mode.

The dumbest remark from a guy hanging around at a dealership was that a 600cc sled was all I'd need to buy. I asked if he had ever seen me ride. I nicely said that I need a sled that would break trail in 5 feet of snow going up hill. He said the one I was buying would, and I replied that was why I was buying it. I then asked if he suggested a 600 for many men.

If he was an employee of the dealership, I'd have walked out on the sale.

Way to go.. And as you right fully should if he worked there.. Your money is just as good and spends the same as any mans money does.. I think it rocks women gettin int oit, cause then if both people in a relationship ride then they can go out and enjoy it together. And if the man dont ride then all the power to the women to go out with their other riding buddies.. But all in all it's good for the sport... We always need more women and people into the sport... It is a very fun sport..

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I have never had a problem getting help. Now getting good help that is another matter. When I bought the quad I walked in and told them what I wanted. I was in and out of there in 30 mins. Came back 2 days later to pick up my quad. When I got my truck I talked to the manager. But I don't go in and walk around I walk right up to the desk and ask for what I want. I don't let them think I am just wasting time. It is the same any where I go, I know what I want when i go in to get it. I do find that a lot of guys find it hard to believe that I know what I want. I have found that if they pi$$ around with me I just look them in the eye and tell them that they are about to loss a sale. If I find someone that treats me well then I go out of my way to keep spending my money there. I also find that owners/managers are more then happy to help you spend your money.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I once asked a salesman at Nicholson's if the used Ford diesel they had was a Powerstoke. He asked me what a Powerstroke was. I nicely said that since he's the one selling trucks he had better find out.

The other salesman commented that I "handled a big vehicle very well" after test driving a Chev crewcab. He nearly crapped his drawers when I insisted on parking it in the stall, rather than leaving it out in the lot away from the other trucks. I replied that was why I brought my big chequebook to buy one with. Somewhere else.

That's why I smirk.

gusto

Reaction score
You know I have never had a problem getting help. Now getting good help that is another matter. When I bought the quad I walked in and told them what I wanted. I was in and out of there in 30 mins. Came back 2 days later to pick up my quad. When I got my truck I talked to the manager. But I don't go in and walk around I walk right up to the desk and ask for what I want. I don't let them think I am just wasting time. It is the same any where I go, I know what I want when i go in to get it. I do find that a lot of guys find it hard to believe that I know what I want. I have found that if they pi$$ around with me I just look them in the eye and tell them that they are about to loss a sale. If I find someone that treats me well then I go out of my way to keep spending my money there. I also find that owners/managers are more then happy to help you spend your money.
Good job girl . They get us guys the same way . If we walk in not knowing what we are talking about or not truely understanding a problem, a good salesman will have a big grin and the owner will have a fatter wallet.:rant:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as a dealer I have two female sales people, one of which is my lease manager and just made her assistant manager in New car department.
To me a customer is a customer no matter what gender!!!!
My mom was a sales lady and then a finance manager at a dealership when I was growing up, and people would drop their jaw with how much she new about vehicles and she did very well!!!
Both the lovely ladies I have on the floor know their stuff and they sell alot of trucks to men becasue they know what they are doing and know their stuff.
I also train all of my staff to handle everyone the same, male or female, those old school guys who think a lady can't drive a truck should not be in this business. they should go work a corner lot selling old caddy's
My wife drives my truck more then I do and like its stolen, and she can handle her suv very well, and she rides a 900 polaris!!! she has taken flack from boys for it, but they usually shut up when she stays out in front becasue she can ride!!
bottom line, it is year 2008!!!!!!!!

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went through the same thing when I bought my pickup after getting my first good job, no salesman would even come help me. Oh well, their loss. Women riding is great, one more thing that you can do together, but there still needs to be time for a guys trip once and a while, you can't spend every second together without driving each other insane.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but it sure is fun to watch the little lady out ride some of the guys!!!
and she (hate to admit it) can out jump me!!!
i'll try to post pics when i get home

doitonall4

Reaction score
Ya its just so stupid.. The one time I was in Parkland cycle trying to pick up a part for my quad and I was waiting at the desk and a guy saw me there but kept walking. No biggie maybe he was busy with another customer. Then a male customer came up to the desk and the guy who just saw me standing there went to go help him! The salesman definitly heard what I had to say. I try to avoid that place as much as possible now.
And the whole big truck thing.. I think that is so funny. I love climbing down from the driver's seat of the good ol f-350 and guys being shocked that a chick can drive it. One time I was filling up our old one that was gas and the pump guy came out to make sure I was filling up with the right fuel. I think I know if the truck i am driving takes gas or diesel thanks.

Top Bottom