What does this do to a turbo install?

John Cambell

Reaction score
Hi. I was wanting to install a Turbo into a Yamaha viper.

My question is about boost it controller and adjustable boost dial...

What would the Turbo be like without these items?

What would the Turbo be like with these items?

With boost control/boost dial, it is more money, so its the money worth spending/?

Thanks

John Cambell

Reaction score
Thanks. So there is no confusion. I was not installing the turbo myself. If I came across that way, this is not what I meant. So the question is based on somebody that know how to install.

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
i run mcx so I am not of much help to you. I would just run the standard kit and upgrade along the way once you are more familiar with it.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get away without an adjustable boost controller (they're about $100) , you'll be set at whatever the rod length is set at. You can change boost manually, but it's a pain. You can not run without a fuel box of some sort. I'd suggest doing more research before you commit to buying.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was wanting to install a Turbo into a Yamaha viper.

My question is about boost it controller and adjustable boost dial...

What would the Turbo be like without these items?

What would the Turbo be like with these items?

With boost control/boost dial, it is more money, so its the money worth spending/?

Thanks

first question, what turbo kit is this,if its a 180hp kit mcx or mpi they come preset with no controler & dont really need one.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boost-it turbo kit is dialed in. When buying the kit from Neil just specify what your looking for. Be honest with you needs and ability to ride. He will set it up perfectly, no need for the dial. Pretty sure it's in the programming with XIC box.

John Cambell

Reaction score
Hey there. Its the 180 mpi kit.... Installed by dealer....Ive only rode for about 4 years now in BC, so like climbing, but nothing extreme. So I don't need nothing crazy. Im not really interested in race gas, as this would be my first turbo.... just pump gas is fine..

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the Mpi kit, just go with what the kit comes with. Run premium gas and you'll be fine. The Mpi kit uses the gems fuel box I believe.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there. Its the 180 mpi kit.... Installed by dealer....Ive only rode for about 4 years now in BC, so like climbing, but nothing extreme. So I don't need nothing crazy. Im not really interested in race gas, as this would be my first turbo.... just pump gas is fine..

the only reason for a boost controller on the mpi 180hp kit is if you ride big elevation changes where you would need to turn boost up to compensate.turbo loses efficiency as you go higher in elevation, so instead of 6lbs of boost you may need 8lbs to make 180hp.if you ride below 6000ft you dont really need one though,i would try it without very easy to install one later.

Top Bottom