what does everyone do for work/ hobbies?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw this on another forum and it was really interesting to see the varied walks of life that all enjoy the outdoors!

I'll start. I'm 28, an Operations Lead at a growing heavy oil company in peace river.

I live for spending time with my family and dog, river and river boating/ working on boats, sledding, quadding, and like to do a little carpentry when I can.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What doo I doo? I ride Skidoo.

I am a retired ol' fart who rides between 50-100 days a winter (I'm at 70 so far this year). I am a self-employed construction contractor during the summer to earn enough to support my winter habit.

Before I retired I was an educator for pockets of youth in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 39, Operater/Mechanic for a Natural gas transmission company.

I love anything outdoors and do that as much as possible...but sledding tops the list !!!

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Ben I'm 20 and I like to party....haha

I work in a oilfield shop doing fishing tools. I like to quad sled hunt work on all of my toys as well

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 38, a site manager in the oilsands. I live in BC and love sledding, quads, and hunting

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work too much and Dream about Hobbies!!

O Wait that was last year... Now a Salesman so i can use my hobbies as Working sales trips!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Work at T&T Powersports in Sales, Marketing, Parts and promotion. I also write for Snoriders and Riderswest Magazing, and for an Online Editorial called Joydigger. I still make some hippie witchdoctor stuff for healing and well being. I'm a mom of 4 and a wife to a spectacular Super Sexy Snow Stud.

I love to shred snow, dirt bike, atv, and fish.. Fly fishing is my super passion but now that we're living in Bonnyville, I look forward to getting to know the lakes up here more.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a 41 year old application developer. Most of my life, I worked to live and did little else. Now I quad to live and work to pay for it.

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pipeline supervisor 38 years old and love to camp and ride the toys with the lovely wife and two beautiful daughters

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 26 and I'm an accountant in the forest industry. I sled, dirt bike, quad, camp, and spend lots of time in the shop keeping the toy fleet moving as well as turning perfectly good beer cans into recyclables.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
we need a couple resident Lawyers on here....

I'm 38 I think, my wife knows for sure but shes not here to ask so I'll go with 38, if not it's 39 but I'm pretty sure it's 38....

Canadian Registered Safety Professional, soon to gain the American equiviency. I work as the Corporate Safety Manager for a Commercial Construction firm, those who know me chuckle whenever they are reminded I work in safety.....

Boat & Sled... used to quad & camp all the time but a guy only has time for so many hobbies... only 8 years until we are empty nesters and then I'll have more time.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
32 y/o and i'm a superintendnt for a commercial construction outfit. just starting next project doubling the size of the candian tire in whitecourt.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
24y/o im a water and waster water operater

Live for sledding, touring on the vulcan 1500, dirtbiking, oh ya im a full grown adult that still plays with R.C cars to :)

The GF is currently on her last stretch of school to become a OT and then im hoping to retire and play full time lol

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
32 pipeline supervisor, I volunteer a lot of time to bully breed dogs, sled during the winter, wakeboard during the summer, been rebuilding a 68 Chevy for a few years, do a fair bit of traveling, been taking an interest in renovating my house and may start flipping real estate with my gf, also in the midst of possibly opening a new tattoo/tanning/clothing studio for something to interest me a little when I'm not out in the field

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im 32 and currently work as a mortgage broker/real estate agent in Creston. Also do carpentry work on the side. Might head back to the patch in the winter and go back directional drilling for a few months to get ahead a little.

Married to the woman of my dreams, have a beautiful 4 month old son. Spend most of my free time with family and friends, working on building our acreage, and doing a little golfing and dirt biking in the summer or sledding in the winter.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
36 y/o. Manage a branch for a large company selling water and sewer pipe,valves,fittings and hydrants to underground contractors and towns in central Alberta
like dirt biking,camping,sledding and quading and Rc cars

Top Bottom