Does foreign companies buying into Canada scare anyone else?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very difficult for any one from China to adapt to western way of thinking just like it would be for us to think like them. Done business in the Orient for many years (Japan, Korea, Thailand and Hong Kong) and I have tried to understand their philosophy / thinking process but hard to do so.

Myself, I'm hoping that China slowly allows Capitalism to take over and becomes more "westernized", so when they do own everything it will be similar to being owned by the americans, except we will be speaking mandarin.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself, I'm hoping that China slowly allows Capitalism to take over and becomes more "westernized", so when they do own everything it will be similar to being owned by the americans, except we will be speaking mandarin.

:biglaugh:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next war will be a tech war. Computer software bugs ect. Star wars is a big part of american defense and the never talk about that anymore. I would assume they have some crazy advanced weapons for defense and attacks. Pretty scary to think about the future of the world. I prefer to worry about the next low and how much pow it will give us. :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Chinese have some cool stuff coming out like there new super carrier program but alot of there new stuff is copies of older American technology (J-15 Attack Fighter) which is a copy of the F-15 which is still a great fighter but not air superiority anymore, or at least in the American inventory. Alot of China's planes, and they have lots are older Chinese built MIGS which would be fodder for the US inventory. China holds a huge advantage on boots on the ground but any war with the US will draw in all of the US allies and the list is long even with there recent indescretions. It would make for a cool movie but nothing any of us would ever want to go through in real life. Lol

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something else to think about, China has all the plans to build whatever we have. Since everything is made over there they have the plans and I don't think a copyright will stop them from using it. Everyone is so worried about a dollar, that nobody thinks of the big picture.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something else to think about, China has all the plans to build whatever we have. Since everything is made over there they have the plans and I don't think a copyright will stop them from using it. Everyone is so worried about a dollar, that nobody thinks of the big picture.

They are master copiers and show no regard for laws.

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you are correct... they make everything for our weapons systems what's to stop them from putting it together... lets not forget weapons are also for sale and they have unlimited funds!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we I'm sure that we buy a lot of components from China, but do you really think we openly share our military technology with them? I know an engineer that works on US weaponry and he's not allowed to do much without permission from the US military. For example, when he wants to travel to Canada to visit his in-laws, he must first apply for permission with a full travel itinerary and a list of people he plans to meet. The US military then interviews him after his trip and reserves the right to bring in anyone he met during his trip for questioning. Granted Chinese intel probably have their ways, but I'm sure we don't openly hand that kind of info to them. In any case, what makes us think we're smarter than them? For all we know, some of the stuff they are developing weaponry that may make ours look like child's play.

As for them opening up business in North America, all the power to them. All they are doing is strengthening our economy. The concern I have is them investing in raw resources, manufacturing oversees, and selling product back to us that our manufacturers simply can't compete with. At least that's how I see it from my rather simple perspective.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They won't fight with weapons or computers.

They will put Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee into the ring.

My money is on Chuck...........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we I'm sure that we buy a lot of components from China, but do you really think we openly share our military technology with them? I know an engineer that works on US weaponry and he's not allowed to do much without permission from the US military. For example, when he wants to travel to Canada to visit his in-laws, he must first apply for permission with a full travel itinerary and a list of people he plans to meet. The US military then interviews him after his trip and reserves the right to bring in anyone he met during his trip for questioning. Granted Chinese intel probably have their ways, but I'm sure we don't openly hand that kind of info to them. In any case, what makes us think we're smarter than them? For all we know, some of the stuff they are developing weaponry that may make ours look like child's play.

As for them opening up business in North America, all the power to them. All they are doing is strengthening our economy. The concern I have is them investing in raw resources, manufacturing oversees, and selling product back to us that our manufacturers simply can't compete with. At least that's how I see it from my rather simple perspective.
Exactly WhoDeanie! The Yanks are not sharing any info with the Chinese of military matters. When Iraq invaded Kuwait they were the 4th largest army in the world they say. After a few days they became the 26th. Never rule out the resolve of the US when the chips are looking down. It was funny after the Bin Laden raid how the Paks sold the tailpiece remains of the super secret stealth Black Hawk to the Chinese. You can bet they have analyzed the hell out of that by now.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next war will be a tech war. Computer software bugs ect. Star wars is a big part of american defense and the never talk about that anymore. I would assume they have some crazy advanced weapons for defense and attacks. Pretty scary to think about the future of the world. I prefer to worry about the next low and how much pow it will give us. :)

Yea it's called HAARP...

walley_eye

Reaction score
Canadians have become lazy. We have had it good for so long we have become lazy and complacent and allowed the 1% to sign free trade agreements which benefit everyone else but us. The politicians do it for the payday down the road or in the case of Brian Mulroney while the deal is being done.

So in the meantime our country is being sold from underneath us and workers are being brought into our country to do our work at 15% less while we have unemployed and people just sit by because "it doesn't affect me". Well, when it finally does affect you and you have no one to support you because you didnt care about them what are you gonna do then?

Foreign investment has been and is a strategy and has cost us all and should only be allowed to a percentage no greater than a minority share in any company.

Sent from my Yamaha Grizzly in Canada

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly WhoDeanie! The Yanks are not sharing any info with the Chinese of military matters. When Iraq invaded Kuwait they were the 4th largest army in the world they say. After a few days they became the 26th. Never rule out the resolve of the US when the chips are looking down. It was funny after the Bin Laden raid how the Paks sold the tailpiece remains of the super secret stealth Black Hawk to the Chinese. You can bet they have analyzed the hell out of that by now.

im no expert so if anyone on here is with Department of Defence... let us know... i did hear this... within 5 years China will have the biggest most technoligically advanced army in the world???? Technology will win future wars not size... yes but size does matter... and now i heard that... China is building the largest air craft carrier in the world? why? Cause they do soooo much peace keeping????... being made in France... i believe weapons are a huge industry and money has no limit to greed and it can fog someones brain it only takes one leak to loose our technology... so much so Russia has ordered up old school type writers so that top secret stuff is no longer on a computer...

but in the end... China will take over one immagrant at a time and getting into our gov't we wont have to fight them we will just sell our souls to them for nickles on the dollar... it will be a good deal for one generation then we're screwed as once we lost it we will never get it back... this goes for anything we sell to foreing "investment" END rant

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dislike our resources being owned by foreign entities. Government should have stopped this long ago. Foreign employees need to stop as well, they are taking jobs away from Canadian citizens.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no offence snopro but you can't compare a cutting edge advance military who went in and bombed the chit of a what... late 1970's military... even the abraham's tank was so advanced it could lock on to multiple iraq tank ( i believe up to three at at time) lets not forget the abrahams tank isn't that new but the technology inside is...cause of that quidence system i think USA tanks had a kill range of 3 miles to 1 mile for Iraq... technology pounded out the numbers... look up what a kill box is and see how the american destroyed any living thing in those boxes... Iraq never stood a chance...

If a country develops a new or advanced anti air missle... that war would have come to a hault asap... lets not forget most soldier were starving and abused and just waiting for a chance to give up... now im sure getting killed in mass from an unknown source sped up that mass heap of soldiers that quite but i don't think moral was high to begin with...

Personally I fear China and Russia and that fact that America is broke... technolgy is made with money... who has it???? Sorry, kinda glass half empty kinda of guy today... again just my opinion. Your right America won't give that way... but im sure its been stolen and copied ect ect...

look at Syria as soon as Russia said it would bring in anit air craft missle defence system to support them... Nato backed off???? No milltary strike??? why? Its a game of chess no one wants their latest and greatest technology to be defeated... I think the USA was either afraid to strike or can not afford to strike... im sure if America thought a bomber could fly over and drop bombs at will they would have... IMHOP

Last edited:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no offence snopro but you can't compare a cutting edge advance military who went in and bombed the chit of a what... late 1970's military... even the abraham's tank was so advanced it could lock on to multiple iraq tank ( i believe up to three at at time) lets not forget the abrahams tank isn't that new but the technology inside is...cause of that quidence system i think USA tanks had a kill range of 3 miles to 1 mile for Iraq... technology pounded out the numbers... look up what a kill box is and see how the american destroyed any living thing in those boxes... Iraq never stood a chance...

If a country develops a new or advanced anti air missle... that war would have come to a hault asap... lets not forget most soldier were starving and abused and just waiting for a chance to give up... now im sure getting killed in mass from an unknown source sped up that mass heap of soldiers that quite but i don't think moral was high to begin with...

Personally I fear China and Russia and that fact that America is broke... technolgy is made with money... who has it???? Sorry, kinda glass half empty kinda of guy today... again just my opinion. Your right America won't give that way... but im sure its been stolen and copied ect ect...

look at Syria as soon as Russia said it would bring in anit air craft missle defence system to support them... Nato backed off???? No milltary strike??? why? Its a game of chess no one wants their latest and greatest technology to be defeated... I think the USA was either afraid to strike or can not afford to strike... im sure if America thought a bomber could fly over and drop bombs at will they would have... IMHOP

But, they do have ironman

Top Bottom