Votes: 94 22.8%
  • Yamaha Nytro series

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Sled other than shown above

Votes: 99 24.0%

• Total voters

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
I ride regularly with a group that consists of 5 doo's, 3 cats, and 1 poo.

As for being, towed out, all brands have been towed out. My cat has pulled out several doo's , and my cats been pulled out by a doo to.
I pulled out 3 sleds on year, 1 cat, 1 doo, 1 poo.
The poo motor literally exploded, worst engine blow I have seen.
The belly pan was full of broken parts, it was an rmk 800.

My last tow out was because i ran out of gas and got towed the last half the way down from the renshaw cabin.....My friend towing me with his doo ran out about 500 yards from the pickup.

Jeepindg

Reaction score
I like my Yamaha's Not because there the best performing machines out there, (My apex is heavy ---- My 660 Grizz aint even close to a can-am 800)

But I like them because you can still have lots of fun on them and they are reliable (i should get about 20,000 km out of my stock apex engine)but still sporty enough to not be a total dog--(They are not as lame as a honda atv LOL)

I am not winning any hillclimbs but it still climbs decent, drops cornicises, jumps ridges, and plows the pow. and it is a joy to ride,
But my clutches are near stock factory delivered setting's and they are way off, I had a Hauck (Straight pipe) muffler and it was way noticibly hitting the rev limiter, Ive been adding weight like crazy to my primary, but it still revs too high--- it was doing 77 KMH track speed on the hills and overreving--id like to see that closer to 100 kmh and let it work down at 10,000 rpm or so --- That is my main problem with my apex

(I used to have a 94 vmax 500mt id take to valemont/mcbride, and id ride buddies sleds, and rent my own)
Ive rode all the rest, Rev's, XP's, RMK's, M series, even Nytro's and turbo apex's, And wow can them new light weight sleds be tossed around and the power to weight is fantastic-- they are super easy to ride,
But I feel they are being made too light-weight and flimsy ---I looked at a 10-11 NytroMTX in the showroom and if you grabbed the rear bar on one side and lift, the tunnel would noticibly twist.

And the other manufacturers are simular --- I think cat was snapping rails a few years ago, and early XP's were snapping drive axles I beleive.

That is why im happy with my apex, :)

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet...here is one on the tow strap.....How many more pics would you like?

Like Maxwell said - this is not the point of this thread so I'll stop there.

sorry looks photo shopped to me, there is no way a modded 670 would be pulling a pristine example of the fine zx summit that i see in this photo. i say modman is trying to pull the wool over our eyes. :d

friggin modman

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out riding in elkford this sat. 16 riders 6 doo's 6 polaris, 2 cats.

14 went riding for the rest of the day, 2 cats went home to the trailer, hmm whats up with that.

riddle me that.

friggin cats.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out riding in elkford this sat. 16 riders 6 doo's 6 polaris, 2 cats.

14 went riding for the rest of the day, 2 cats went home to the trailer, hmm whats up with that.

riddle me that.

friggin cats.

7 and 7 your math doesnt add up and they actually got the cat mobile and road it out

friggin imdoon

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Book1.jpg

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does that mean 5 Doos should last as long as 1 Nytro...with a little tlc and some luck, lolol :d:d:d

Top Bottom