What did you doo to your lawn mower today?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 2 new steering tires on the JD, changed the hydraulic oil. Cut grass. Great cheapy cheap mower.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P7050014.jpg
my neighbour
my lawn
my mower
:D

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pushed mine, then rinsed it today. Three speed,Quadra cut system,high performance over head cam. 21" of mowing awesomeness.Runs on 60/40 Avgas blend with a little 2 stroke oil mixed in.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 173

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is what dual blade setup looks like. Seems to work great. Has six hours on it with this configuration with no issues except I can cut faster and still get a nice smooth cut.

I just sprayed the entire underside of the deck down with NeverWet to see if that helps keep clippings from building up. As both sets of blades are the mulching kind, there is far less clippings now - just about reduces is to dust :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170625_0855015 (2).jpg
    IMG_20170625_0855015 (2).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 152

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is what dual blade setup looks like. Seems to work great. Has six hours on it with this configuration with no issues except I can cut faster and still get a nice smooth cut.

I just sprayed the entire underside of the deck down with NeverWet to see if that helps keep clippings from building up. As both sets of blades are the mulching kind, there is far less clippings now - just about reduces is to dust :)

Would that not be a tri-blade set up? Probably drink two less beer with a mower that size.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Never mind.. dual blades on a tri set up.. major brain fart.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new JD535M54 from Cat401 yesterday and gave it 2 hrs break in time on some not overly tall grass at farm.

6 more hrs to first oil change. Ztrac way faster than the lawn tractor. Was actually fun cutting grass with double cup holders!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put new blades on the 1026R's mowing deck.
And today bought a post hole auger to run off the 3 point hitch.
Neighbor borrowed his brothers and we slapped in on my tractor. Works slick. I ended up buying it.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zero turns are more fun. Was a tough choice between the JD and the Country Clipper. Wound up with the Clipper as it looked a little heavier built. Having said that, I still have a 1990 to JD that still runs great. Use it in the bush

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zero turns are more fun. Was a tough choice between the JD and the Country Clipper. Wound up with the Clipper as it looked a little heavier built. Having said that, I still have a 1990 to JD that still runs great. Use it in the bush
Have a cousin with a Clipper and a JD both in 54".
He rides the Clipper!

There is no way I could bring a non JD piece of equipment into the yard at farm.
Two years and dad still does not like the Kabota tractor FWA for snow plowing yard. lol

Top Bottom