Lawn Mower

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feed back on the honda lawnmower, way better deck (composite plastic), way better wheels( ball bearing), way more power(about 70% more), way better blade attachment to the motor, starts good. I think the drive is better too ..time will tell. You can leave the bag on.. a lever switches from mulch to bag. Price is almost double. I would buy another one.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feed back on the honda lawnmower, way better deck (composite plastic), way better wheels( ball bearing), way more power(about 70% more), way better blade attachment to the motor, starts good. I think the drive is better too ..time will tell. You can leave the bag on.. a lever switches from mulch to bag. Price is almost double. I would buy another one.

You probably won't need to buy another one.

I had a small oil leak on mine from the base gasket that I thought it was from the piston rings, pulled it apart and I could still see the crosshatch in the cylinder. Other than the small leak and the 25 years of carbon I cleaned from the head all was good. I'll try to remember to clean out the carbon again in another 25 years.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Honda.. yup. makes life easy

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a honda last year it been good except the damn auto choke. If I cut the front lawn and take a short break before doing back lawn the auto choke floods it and I have to wait about an hour for it to start. The dealer response was that is common and to just run it out of gas if I want to restart it after a 10min break.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a honda last year it been good except the damn auto choke. If I cut the front lawn and take a short break before doing back lawn the auto choke floods it and I have to wait about an hour for it to start. The dealer response was that is common and to just run it out of gas if I want to restart it after a 10min break.

You should go talk to your dealer and make it his problem.. fawk that. hondas run and if they don't something is wrong. Why should you pay a premium if its in the same league as a ****ty Briggs.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer I got it from is a 2.5 hr drive and the closer one wasn't very helpful since I didn't get from him. You can find quite a few complaints online with the same problem with the auto choke. Other than that it cuts, mulches and bags better than any other mower I have ever owned.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to hear from members that have or have tried Cordless Lawnmower 40v/ more and wonder how it has worked out for them. I am on the fence as to purchasing a cordless lawnmower but would like some feedback from owners or trial runners. I like the idea of the quietness and the simplicity of stow/go not taking up to much space and no more gas or tune ups. Thinking of purchasing 1 in the very near future possibly. Have a corner lot fair size flat ground so run time would be about 30 mins. i can achieve this with my gas mower NP and think a decent cordless would suffice with that time in a battery. TIA:)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a Greenworks 60 volt 4AHr battery. Yard is just over 5000sq'.
Cut with the one battery but grass has not been tall yet, mine is a self propelled wheel drive not the push model so it uses a bit extra power but my yard has 7' drop from front to back over 150' length. Wheel drive works great.
Spare 4AHr battery is about $250.
My chainsaw is a Greenworks 60v with 2 batteries at 2.5 AIR so have lots of batteries.
Weed eater is a Greenworks, 60volt also.
Lots of batteries and chargers.
All are excellent tools for regular yard work. Really work well and I do not miss any of my old gas stuff.

Would only change one thing - get everything in 80volt!
I started with the saw at 60volt so got everything else the same.
60volt is great but the 2.5AHr battery is to short of service cycle between charges.
4AHr is way better than the cheaper 2.5AHr batteries.

Have about 3 acres to cut at the farm, gas JD ride on for that - there are limits for how much the battery stuff will do.

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a Greenworks 60 volt 4AHr battery. Yard is just over 5000sq'.
Cut with the one battery but grass has not been tall yet, mine is a self propelled wheel drive not the push model so it uses a bit extra power but my yard has 7' drop from front to back over 150' length. Wheel drive works great.
Spare 4AHr battery is about $250.
My chainsaw is a Greenworks 60v with 2 batteries at 2.5 AIR so have lots of batteries.
Weed eater is a Greenworks, 60volt also.
Lots of batteries and chargers.
All are excellent tools for regular yard work. Really work well and I do not miss any of my old gas stuff.

Would only change one thing - get everything in 80volt!
I started with the saw at 60volt so got everything else the same.
60volt is great but the 2.5AHr battery is to short of service cycle between charges.
4AHr is way better than the cheaper 2.5AHr batteries.

Have about 3 acres to cut at the farm, gas JD ride on for that - there are limits for how much the battery stuff will do.
Am trying to decide between 40v 60v and 80v i would think 80 might be overkill as my yard is 225x80 frontage and 30x15 back. Like the idea of no noise but they say they don't last long battery mowers 5years.Had my Toro for many years and still running, though just heavy to push around and loud lol.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the cordrless are no noise. I have a neighbor 4 doors away with a stihl I hear whenever they mow their lawn.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Batteries deteriorate just like any battery and after 5 years will hold about 50% of their original charge.
Also why I say to start with at least a 4 AHr battery.
For original cost of cordless and cost of replacing batteries the gas equipment is definatly cheaper over long run for sure

I like lack of gas can in garage for lawn mower and they are quiet but not silent.
This applies even more to chainsaw when hunting - no gas smelling up back of SXS, light, way way quieter.
I would guess the chainsaw is less than 1/5 the noise of a gasser. Same for the lawn mower.

Depends on what suits your needs for light to medium service, at the farm its all gas yard equipment except the chainsaw - use that cordless a lot before the Husky 61 comes out.

Last edited:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to hear from members that have or have tried Cordless Lawnmower 40v/ more and wonder how it has worked out for them. I am on the fence as to purchasing a cordless lawnmower but would like some feedback from owners or trial runners. I like the idea of the quietness and the simplicity of stow/go not taking up to much space and no more gas or tune ups. Thinking of purchasing 1 in the very near future possibly. Have a corner lot fair size flat ground so run time would be about 30 mins. i can achieve this with my gas mower NP and think a decent cordless would suffice with that time in a battery. TIA:)
I have a greenworks 40 volt it’s underpowered and won’t lift the grass properly. If it has rained for a bit and gets too long it won’t mulch or bag and leaves a trail of clumped up cut grass.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Batteries deteriorate just like any battery and after 5 years will hold about 50% of their original charge.
Also why I say to start with at least a 4 AHr battery.
For original cost of cordless and cost of replacing batteries the gas equipment is definatly cheaper over long run for sure

I like lack of gas can in garage for lawn mower and they are quiet but not silent.
This applies even more to chainsaw when hunting - no gas smelling up back of SXS, light, way way quieter.
I would guess the chainsaw is less than 1/5 the noise of a gasser. Same for the lawn mower.

Depends on what suits your needs for light to medium service, at the farm its all gas yard equipment except the chainsaw - use that cordless a lot before the Husky 61 comes out.
Think i am gonna pull the trigger on an 80v 4ah greenworks machine. Did a lot of research including stihl's which are only 36v gonna most likely get 80v 4ah pro version. I have a heated garage so that will help with the battery as well plus i can start it up in the winter time without killing my dogs or opening the door lol!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the 80v kobalt from Lowe’s. Works well, light and quiet. Very happy with it.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the 80v kobalt from Lowe’s. Works well, light and quiet. Very happy with it.
Was looking at these as well, nice to hear from someone that has 1 would like to hear more about this as i have researched but not many reviews on this make.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the Pro model came in 80v self propelled and i tried it out today. I have a big corner lot and the grass was 4 inchs high in places. This thing mulched it down to nothingness and kept right on going, had it set on 4 then dropped to 3 but you can hear it engage in thick stuff with more power. I sure like the quiteness of this thing no need for hearing protection and can rock some tunes on my headphones without deafening myself. Must have at least 4ah battery 2 would not cut it. Spent extra as well on spare blades, but all in all this this seems very good so far.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The greenworks chainsaw has a 18 inch bar and cuts pretty fast.

Top Bottom