What did you do for your ATV today?

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
I saw this another forum and thought it was neat to follow. the question is what did you do for your ATV today? Anything from changing fluids, cleaining, overhauling, start it just to hear it run, go for a ride, or telling it goodnight!

I'll start by saying I went to buy fluid for changing the front and rear diff, and the transmission, then took it for a short ride in the snow filled ditches, and changed the fluids after that.

I swamped my grizzly yesterday, came home ran the oil through four times changed my front diff oil couldn't do the back the drain plug was on to tight, but I also drained my v belt case and removed it but it sounds like I now have a dry bearing, anyone heard of this?

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swamped my grizzly yesterday, came home ran the oil through four times changed my front diff oil couldn't do the back the drain plug was on to tight, but I also drained my v belt case and removed it but it sounds like I now have a dry bearing, anyone heard of this?

usually its the bearing in the cage that goes around the primary , make sure to re grease your rollers too .
if you cant get the bolt out , you can buy a vacuum pump to suck out the oil .

Uber88GT

Reaction score
First parts ever for my rubicon! I bought a new front bumper as mine was bent a little when I bought it. Now just have to install it....

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I removed all the ugly warning decals plastered all over the quad (except I forgot the one on the clutch cover :( ) But it will disapper soon as well. Still deciding if I want to take the "EFI" and "AWD on demand" ones off. I never installed the 800 and H.O. stickers when I replaced the front assembly from my rollover.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I removed all the ugly warning decals plastered all over the quad (except I forgot the one on the clutch cover :( ) But it will disapper soon as well. Still deciding if I want to take the "EFI" and "AWD on demand" ones off. I never installed the 800 and H.O. stickers when I replaced the front assembly from my rollover.

You must be missing out then. For all we know you could only have a 600 under there. Thats some serious horsepower deficit you got going on there.... Riding without stickers.... Shame on you. :nono:

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

who wants factory decals? Even on my pickup I take the dealer stickers off.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must be missing out then. For all we know you could only have a 600 under there. Thats some serious horsepower deficit you got going on there.... Riding without stickers.... Shame on you. :nono:

Your the one missing out......riding a kawi instead of a popo! That there is some serious horsepower difference.:eek::d

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my renegade ( just got a 2010 gade xxc ) Did an oil change, greased as much as i could find, new air filter and i am about to put on some 28" zillas/14" 212 black rims. just a snorkel to come yet. Im trying to decide between an SyA and a homedepot jobber.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We installed snorkelyouratv snorkels on 3 canam 800's. Melted the rubber fernco fitting on 2 of them already (the one on the backside of the clutch where you oval it over the clutch gooseneck). No big deal we made heat sheilds out of pvc couplers with foil tape and hose clamps. Just thought i would tell you so you could do it during install instead of after the first ride.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We installed snorkelyouratv snorkels on 3 canam 800's. Melted the rubber fernco fitting on 2 of them already (the one on the backside of the clutch where you oval it over the clutch gooseneck). No big deal we made heat sheilds out of pvc couplers with foil tape and hose clamps. Just thought i would tell you so you could do it during install instead of after the first ride.
Do yourself a favor and order: PN 707000870 - Air Outlet from Canned Ham (part 13 in diagram). Put heat tape in lieu of part 14 in diagram and mate it to whatever snorkel kit you have now. No more problems...and it fits right.

Top Bottom