What did you do for your ATV today?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have what was a grizzly 700, lol, I'm getting the motor rebuilt, boring the cylinder out 2 mm, putting a stage 2 cam in it, putting uni filters over my snorkels, might help keep some dust and mud out of the motor, lol, I believe I need to join a help group of some kind, to teach me if I see something on the trail, not to always go thru it, I put some wheel spacers on, have to still replace some a arm bushings and other small things, still debating should I do a machined shelve again, last time I did that I couldn't keep a belt more than 500k. Also I have a epi muddling clutch kit in the bike, but a few rides ago I noticed my clutch was messed hauled it apart and all the roller weights where melted, put factory wieghts back in but the bike lags a bit without the right epi wieghts, does anyone know of what those wieghts are spose to be?

You shouldn't be burning through belts with the machined sheave if you use low gear when you need it. I play in the muck lots and don't have belt issues unless I get the belt wet.

Have you consider stroking it too? I hear the 780 combo is something else.

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the pics of the tiger tail? What did you do to it? There too pricey for my blood anyways lol I'd hate to have to modify it once I got it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Where's the pics of the tiger tail? What did you do to it? There too pricey for my blood anyways lol I'd hate to have to modify it once I got it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just made a couple of mods to the mounts to get it tucked in super tight to my machine.

94fea191e34f3b3e720d277c22520b54.jpg

Also added 2 set screws to the side of the hitch to keep the TT from moving/rocking around. (Not that it really would with it being SO tight to everything)

And, I modified my license plate bracket so the plate fits "above" the TT.

And, a couple of my riding buddies have complained about the hook falling out of place while riding, so modded that area a little bit to combat that as well.

ae961bf78aedd74c35a504df72235afa.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should try mounting a car sized battery in there instead of those small atv ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a larger Interstate I bought for lawn mower. I removed the battery tray and it fits perfect. I did pick up a stock battery...$155!!!!! I think ill take er back and buy beer! Thanx Neil

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a good ride this Saturday. Got to ride my 800 for about 12 minutes till the wifey stole it and gave me her big bear.

Poor old bike. I broke trail through almost a mile of untouched cutline.....

Think it's time to look at adding a side by side to the stable. But which one? I'm stuck on a Viking because we have an excellent Yamaha dealer. But the can am defender, 900 ranger and Pioneer all look interesting as well. See what I can try out this summer and buy next spring I think.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uncles all have Rangers and really like them. Seem trouble free. Polaris seems to have nailed it with them. Two buddies have Vikings. Spent the day hunting in one and it was ok. I'll see about the defender. My commander wasn't great but good dealer, and my 14 800 xt has been good so far. I'll have to see the Pioneer up close. The seating looks ideal. Anyone got one or ridden one?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy at work had the pioneer as a demo last year for May long.

He was disappointed. Did not work well at all for any of us.

He went with a Kawi 4 seater.
Thing is amazing.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy at work had the pioneer as a demo last year for May long.

He was disappointed. Did not work well at all for any of us.

He went with a Kawi 4 seater.
Thing is amazing.

honda was better at catching fish! they also had a fantastic steam bath as I remember, not as good in the mud or trail the kawasaki though.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There you go. It is a pretty cool rig.
I was just saying to nancy , I should bring my for sale toys and sell them down here .... In US $$ !

Just seen MC express turbo RZR show car ... Holy crap , they guys don't fart around ....
Some other cars down here are other worldly ($$$$).....
and some crazy street rods too...
LHC is the hot rod capital of the U.S. ...

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really nothing is hooked up to it, but when I do hook up power it will shine blue, I put an inline cooling fan for my belt (it shines red which I thought appropriate given its function) and also bought the blue switch. I will early in the AM poke around the spider web by my garage door .... Early like 5:30 as I typically can't sleep in much past then.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really nothing is hooked up to it, but when I do hook up power it will shine blue, I put an inline cooling fan for my belt (it shines red which I thought appropriate given its function) and also bought the blue switch. I will early in the AM poke around the spider web by my garage door .... Early like 5:30 as I typically can't sleep in much past then.

I have been to places that had red and blue lights.

Never saw the spider.

Top Bottom