What are your guesses for the season?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This season, out of morbid curiosity I have decided to track my sledding expenses. I already know booze costs will rival gas...what are your predictions on your own sledding expenses?!
hmm.jpg

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This season, out of morbid curiosity I have decided to track my sledding expenses. I already know booze costs will rival gas...what are your predictions on your own sledding expenses?!
View attachment 111992

I'm pretty sure the end figures will be scary. Sometimes it is better to stay oblivious to the final tallies. Here's to hoping the parts (Repairs any ways) category stays relatively small!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the end figures will be scary. Sometimes it is better to stay oblivious to the final tallies. Here's to hoping the parts (Repairs any ways) category stays relatively small!

haha yeah, out of all the categories, I hope that one is minimal. I've spent enough on parts this summer, but was smart enough to buy some extra stuff to keep around...lol. Spare recoil and bumper!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you put your gas & booze reciepts in misc. It would look like a fairy inexpensive season :D

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you put your gas & booze reciepts in misc. It would look like a fairy inexpensive season :D

haha nice thinking. I'm just extremely curious to see the approx amount...some nights I will get too drunk to remember receipts or to write down what I spent. But I already know the fun is gonna be priceless!!!

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll just keep pleading ignorant, and keep telling myself it's not that expensive

besides it's only money, it's a renewable resource

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have this funny feeling that parts and booze will be the biggest expenses for me... judging by the shape my sled is in. Now that I'm getting it moved to AB I'll be able to work on it, and boy does it need the work!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did that once back in the day when I was into drag racing cars .. I stopped when I hit $40,000 in parts

I then decided I will never keep track of costs of motorsports, unless it's a business expense!

now if I only had a sled related business and could write off my expen... hmmm I think a bright light just went off in my little head

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I know it is expensive.....but so what!

It is fun, it is fresh air, it is exercise, it is going somewhere, it is quality time with friends and my better half, it is entertainment, it is seeing great scenery, it is being outdoors, it is helping others (darn Poo riders that get stuck), it is quality time on S&M discussing and posting the events.

Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured this out on another forum not long ago, I think it worked out to around $15,000 for last year. That is with a lot of free accomodations.

Flatlanders had a cow when I said that much...really I can easily see $25-30k if you ride over 50 days a year and must pay for hotels and other travel related expenses. (in room entertainment is not a related expense :D)

Like it was already said, why count...is counting going to keep you from sledding any less?

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured this out on another forum not long ago, I think it worked out to around $15,000 for last year. That is with a lot of free accomodations.Flatlanders had a cow when I said that much...really I can easily see $25-30k if you ride over 50 days a year and must pay for hotels and other travel related exspenses. (in room entertainment is not a related exspense :D)Like it was already said, why count...is counting going to keep you from sledding any less?
Holy help I'm going out with u.... Costs me about 400 for a 3 day ( 2.5 day ride) weekend. That's with only 2 guys in a room and truck fuel. The more the cheaper

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 111992

OK...... Thought about it. I did doo that for one season in 97/98
Every second weekend to Vale or Mcbride for 4 months straight , averaged out to be a $500.00 weekend & that was everything included. Thankfully that year my doo didn't need any parts, and Riverside's bulk oil fills were almost nothing.

But what the heck..... no matter what a season cost's I'll still be riding, so why not figure it out again.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This season the expenses could be down abit since the wife and myself will be gone for over a month this winter. Just move the sledding expense over to the beach and sand expense!!!!!!

Britt

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 to 50 g is a small price to pay for one's sanity!!!! Best stress relief from work I have ever used. Workin for the Weekend!!!!

Top Bottom