Wet boots

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t think it’s coming from inside but Kilm and fxr enjoy boots but feet are always wet any suggestions . Spring time is worst wondering if something I can do with them

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried mink oil on your boots or something similar? Are they old or wore down? Might be worth the $20 to try it out..?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t think it’s coming from inside but Kilm and fxr enjoy boots but feet are always wet any suggestions . Spring time is worst wondering if something I can do with them

Your boots are done. Time for new ones. I often go through a couple pairs a year. Boots will only stay dry for so many rides

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boots should last a few years, I've had my boots for 3 years and they still keep me dry

Last year was the 5th season on my boots, and they were starting to get a little damp at the end of the day. For $80 at the snow show a few years ago, I'm not mad about it lol

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will say lighter socks also. But what type of socks do you use?
Try a good ( yes expensive ) set of socks,, I thought it was a bunch of b.s. using good socks until i did WAY dryer feet at the end of the day , The socks like your base layer help wick moisture away.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wool socks and replace boots every season. Most I have gotten is a season and a half.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear polyester socks and have been rocking my Windriver Snow Leopard III boots from Marks since 2015. Feet only started getting damp this spring,.. I now spray them with a waterproofer and am going to buy another set next month depending on if I buy something different at the sled show.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Some people just have sweaty feet. Might be something you have to deal with. I had motor fist stompers and they sucked. Klim boots have been great but the soles are just about wore through. And I wear wool/synthetic wool all year long in cowboy boots, thinsulite Redwing, muck boots and riding boots without ever sweating. People always wonder how I can wear thick socks but I don't have a problem.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to just always use snowboarding boots as they were cheaper, but went thru them in half a season as the soles just wouldn't hold up to the running boards etc get cracks/pinholes in them, and always had wet feet, got sick of buying two pairs a year so i decided to try some sled specific boots. Ended up buying some Motorfist Stompers when they came out and was a major improvement, found out my feet had been sweating super bad for years due to boots with too much insulation. Upgraded to some performance sled socks also and have been happy ever since. Looking at trying some TOBE boots next.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boots should last a few years, I've had my boots for 3 years and they still keep me dry

It actually all depends on how many times a year you ride. I’ve worked closely with the manufactures for years on developing boots and testing products. Boots are designed to be replaced after approx 50 rides/uses so if you ride 10 times a year, Expect a good 5yrs out of them. If your riding 100 plus days a year expect to be replacing your boots come spring time. Yes proper moisture wicking socks are key for a warm dry boot while your under that 50 ride mark

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It actually all depends on how many times a year you ride. I’ve worked closely with the manufactures for years on developing boots and testing products. Boots are designed to be replaced after approx 50 rides/uses so if you ride 10 times a year, Expect a good 5yrs out of them. If your riding 100 plus days a year expect to be replacing your boots come spring time. Yes proper moisture wicking socks are key for a warm dry boot while your under that 50 ride mark
That may very well be true and 50 rides is multiple seasons for most guys. However I've been able to ride 3+ seasons on all my boots with 30-50 rides per year with fairly aggressive riding. So there is no reason why other people can't do the same things. Just gotta take care of them and of course a little luck comes into play as well.

Top Bottom