Westbank First Nations Law Enforcement

4-Trax

Reaction score
This is a "heads up" warning to backroad users in the Kelowna area. Westbank First Nations are Issuing Trespassing tickets for just parking in unmarked areas, because they legally can. Watch where you park, make sure it's not on Indian Reserve Land or you will get ticketed. The picture is near the beginning of the Medicine Creek Indian Reserve, it looks like crown land, but is not, and you will get ticketed by WFN Officers, and the notice of enforcement is a strict liability issue, meaning there is no hope to dispute it, and if you don't pay the fine, you will have to pay it, plus a late penalty when you do any business with ICBC again.
confused0006.gif

Medicine Creek Indian reserve is southeast of Kelowna on McCulloch road, the Reserve land starts where the pavement ends.

Here is a link to the Youtube video to show you the area of where you will be ticketed, check it out.
WFN Trespassing Aug 25 2013 - YouTube

Can you tell your already Trespassing?

Attachments

• FIBC WFN Land McCulloch Rd (4).JPG
    FIBC WFN Land McCulloch Rd (4).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 284

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow they are still at it years later. I ran my Dune buggy all through that area years ago. Then the city traded that area of land for the land on the other side of the bridge. I was wondering why I was getting chased by a pickup truck when I was up there one time. Was kind a comical, they didn't stand a chance. Next weekend they were actually camped out there waiting for dirt bikes, quads etc swearing and shouting get off our land. We just kept on going up the road a bit farther as we had no clue where their land started and stopped. We were on our way to the KVR anyways, those were the days you could drive on the KVR all the way to Penticton.

4-Trax

Reaction score
Yup there still at it, but only worse...... If you accidentally park your vehicle on their unmarked land, you get a trespassing ticket

Top Bottom