West Yellowstone

Ace Powder

Reaction score
Website
www.hicountrysnowmobiles.com
Conditions are epic right now with more snow falling as i type. Grooming is in full swing and all trails are open. Avy danger is good, but the new snow should raise the danger level. As always... one at a time on the hill, wear and know how to use your beacons.

Ace Powder

Reaction score
Website
Another great ride today with a crew up to Cabin Creek. Great snow and a little of the area was wind blown. Saw no obviously instability in snow pack as far as avalanches are concerned. The new E-Tec 800's are insane! Found one land mine that took care of a suspension...oops.

Ace Powder

Reaction score
Website
Any pics of recent riding coming down tomorrow!!!

Sorry,

X-mas to New years is crazy around here, Busy Busy!
Here's a couple of shots in the arm from yesterdays trip. Calling for 10-20 inches by Thursday night!

6fzfkk.jpg

opcrvl.jpg

qzlu2v.jpg

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from five days in Yellowstone all we can say is awsome!!!! Fresh every day ! great people and good times !!

snotwister

Reaction score
By chance did you eat supper at Bullwinkles wednesday night?I just got back as well and saw a couple in there and one had a edmonton oilers ball cap on.

Ace Powder

Reaction score
Website
Sorry Sled nation... have been busy as hell this season with all the snow and rental customers. Been meaning to post some updates, but late nights ins the shop fixin wrecked buggies has kept me occupied. No new snow for a 2 days and looks like we will finally see that bright orb for a day or two. Looking to get out tomorrow, will post it up if the sun shines. Snow level is ridiculous this season and finding fresh snow has not been an issue.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When does the riding season usually start in Yellowstone? Wife and i are planning a trip for just before X-Mas (Dec 18-22). Under normal conditions will there be enough POW to make it worth? :confused:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When does the riding season usually start in Yellowstone? Wife and i are planning a trip for just before X-Mas (Dec 18-22). Under normal conditions will there be enough POW to make it worth? :confused:

Last year, we were there in mid December, and there was lots of snow. Had an awesome time.

Sent from my Desire HD

Ace Powder

Reaction score
Website
Welcome to another season sled nation. Lets just hope it turns out to be a record snow fall like last year's epic snow. Just finished up with the Ski Doo 2013 Photo/Video shoots... Snow is hard to find. Trails are in moderate shape, S. Plateau is best for this. Lionshead is worst I've seen for snow since last July on 4-wheelers, with only about a foot to foot and half of top to bottom faceted sugar snow. North areas, Tepee/Cabin was the best riding for our shots. 2-3 feet in some areas typically north faced wind loaded and tree lines. Without another foot, no way the grooming will start full bore and without another 2 feet, the greedy parts guy's will be out of stock and fat as pigs. Supposedly, there is a good chance for more snow the remainder of this month, but I'll believe it when I see it. Here is a link to a "professional" explanation. My snow dance ain't workin, Help!

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to another season sled nation. Lets just hope it turns out to be a record snow fall like last year's epic snow. Just finished up with the Ski Doo 2013 Photo/Video shoots... Snow is hard to find. Trails are in moderate shape, S. Plateau is best for this. Lionshead is worst I've seen for snow since last July on 4-wheelers, with only about a foot to foot and half of top to bottom faceted sugar snow. North areas, Tepee/Cabin was the best riding for our shots. 2-3 feet in some areas typically north faced wind loaded and tree lines. Without another foot, no way the grooming will start full bore and without another 2 feet, the greedy parts guy's will be out of stock and fat as pigs. Supposedly, there is a good chance for more snow the remainder of this month, but I'll believe it when I see it. Here is a link to a "professional" explanation. My snow dance ain't workin, Help!

Soooo. Whats new and exciting:d

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take the stang and enjoy the scenery. I heard they could start a grass fire in the park it was so brown. ( just what I heard) have fun and keeper skis down.

Ace Powder

Reaction score
Website
From the words of the great Mills Lane... "Lets Get It On!"
Yesterday in Cabin/Tepee was what dreams are made of. Great snow, great friends and no rocks, stumps or breakdowns. The only thing that could have made it better would have been blue skies and less avi danger. A few pics from some of the avalanches we saw and pits we dug. Carefull all, its sketchy at best right now, especially with more snow today.

Ace Powder

Reaction score
Website
Out two days ago in the Lionshead area with the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Guys. Found great riding with plenty of fresh snow. Unfortunately found a lot of avalanches that had occurred in the past few days. With an already weak snow pack and lots of new snow that has fallen and more coming, stay on low angle slopes, out of runout zones and enjoy the pow in the meadows. Currently puking snow on the webcam. Guys are in Cabin/Tepee today, should have updates by tomorrow.

http://postimage.org/

• Thanks
Reactions: oly
Top Bottom