Were and are What is the best snow shovel to buy online??

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
usps all the way !!!

thats what im doing all the time with my best buddy ebay

but even usps ure not safe from border fees "if they check ure parcel"
got my boots from the states (used 120dollars worth 35dollars boarderfees)
got the lefti throttles worth just under 500bucks 59dollars boarderfees
got my helmet worth 160dollars (no boarder fees cause package wasnt checked)

so you might get lucky might not

so my little advise its not to bad ordering from the states "the gift sending doesnt work thats for sure cause all my parcels have it written on"
but when u order
really really make the calculation with the canadian price to us dollar shipping and possible boarder fees which run i think 10-20% of value
and than u see if u will safe or not

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Instead of trying to rip off the government why not just ask one of your fellow snowandmud members? :)

Justin - the BCA stuff in the link that I sent you is available from a guy in Winlaw (towards Nakusp) as well as Playmor Power Products in South Slocan near Nelson. Call Playmor and get one ordered. You will not have to order from across the border. Besides the shipping fees, the dollar exchange is terrible right now, save your money and buy locally.

Don't ever ship UPS or FedEx from the states unless it is life or death!! They charge the brokerage fees which usually amount to lots of $$$$$$!!! I won't buy from a US supplier if they don't ship USPS unless it is absolutely critical or I can't find it anywhere in Canada and is something I need. If you do ship UPS, expect to pay the brokerage fees.

If they catch you trying to cheat them, they will confiscate the package and are not obligated to return it. As well, the seller and purchaser can be in hot water with the Customs Depts. If you piss them off really bad, good luck getting into the US, which means anytime you want to go on a trip to a foreign country, you may need a direct flight there with no stopover in the US or if you are flagged in the system, expect that they will take a little longer with you at the border crossings. Got Rubber Gloves?? :D

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Instead of trying to rip off the government why not just ask one of your fellow snowandmud members? :)

Justin - the BCA stuff in the link that I sent you is available from a guy in Winlaw (towards Nakusp) as well as Playmor Power Products in South Slocan near Nelson. Call Playmor and get one ordered. You will not have to order from across the border. Besides the shipping fees, the dollar exchange is terrible right now, save your money and buy locally.

Don't ever ship UPS or FedEx from the states unless it is life or death!! They charge the brokerage fees which usually amount to lots of $$$$$$!!! I won't buy from a US supplier if they don't ship USPS unless it is absolutely critical or I can't find it anywhere in Canada and is something I need. If you do ship UPS, expect to pay the brokerage fees.

If they catch you trying to cheat them, they will confiscate the package and are not obligated to return it. As well, the seller and purchaser can be in hot water with the Customs Depts. If you piss them off really bad, good luck getting into the US, which means anytime you want to go on a trip to a foreign country, you may need a direct flight there with no stopover in the US or if you are flagged in the system, expect that they will take a little longer with you at the border crossings. Got Rubber Gloves?? :D

Phone number??? Web site?????

J:rolleyes:

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow Thunder Guy.....why not google some of the names already given to find out what you are looking for instead of asking others to do it for you.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thunder Guy, I would look at the following manufacturer's sites:
Survival On Snow
Ortovox
Back Country Access
They should list the distributors of their products somewhere on their sites. You should be able to find something relatively local. Edmonton has a few sled shops, and I am sure that they would ship directly to you. Some of these are Specialty Sleds, Mountain Magic, Absolute Power & Performance, and of course all of the dealers in the area. Someone else you could talk to is Glengine on this site, he runs Spindrift Motorsports in McBride.

Hopefully this helps.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow Thunder Guy.....why not google some of the names already given to find out what you are looking for instead of asking others to do it for you.

I am just asking because you guys have always been riding with a shovel.
We on the other hand never did ride with them.
That is why im asking.

Justin:rolleyes:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to your nearest ufa farm store and pick yourself up a nice grain shovel

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think some of the guys replying think you are shinning them on. Can't go wrong with a metal shovel, the walmart specials are best left were found, save your money buy quality first, it will last and you may not get laughed at.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SnowBigDeal Home Page

I just bought Beacon, shovel and probe from these guys, got it quick and saved about $120 compared to dealers in Grande Prairie. The Voile shovel is good, you can also get it with a saw or a probe to fit inside.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SnowBigDeal Home Page

I just bought Beacon, shovel and probe from these guys, got it quick and saved about $120 compared to dealers in Grande Prairie. The Voile shovel is good, you can also get it with a saw or a probe to fit inside.

Great!:d

i order a S.O.S shovel for my self and dad got 3 Black Diamond Transfer 7 Extension Shovel for every one else.

thanks for you help!:rolleyes:

J:rolleyes:

Top Bottom