Were and are What is the best snow shovel to buy online??

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the best snow shovel to buy online in canada

hey guys

Need some snow shovels for the family and myself.

Were is the best place to buy them online?????
And what is the best shovel out there??

Thanks for Looking

justin:rolleyes:

cueball115a

Reaction score
Saguenay region, mont Valin is my play ground now.
Not sure in your area but here a link that may help you

http:tetesaclaques.tv - Têtes à claques, clips d'animations humoristiques en ligne
and from there look for LCD Showel :d :d :d

Sorry if you didn't like just a little humor that all. Has far has shovel , I will say has the avalache teacher told us when i took the course if you have a good one give it to your body to carry so if he need to dick for you he will be able too. For a Canadian Tire special or Wallmart shovel well there cheap and the chance that they will do the job are very poor. Try to shovel snow that been hard outside for a week. When a avalanche occure it the same that snow get hard so fast. So if I may say buy a good one don't be cheap on money . A good shovel , probe and a beacon are your best friends when it come to sledding up in the mountain. You have only one chance don't waste it.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
i just went to walmart last year spend 11.99 on a telescopic shovel handle is removable
so what u asking more for ?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i bougth an hmk shovel that telescopes and has a ice pick on the end and a compas as well as a saw, and very sturedy shovel (accidently ran it over with the rhino

slabm7

Reaction score
Re: What is the best snow shovel to buy online in canada

hey guys

Need some snow shovels for the family and myself.

Were is the best place to buy them online?????
And what is the best shovel out there??

Thanks for Looking

justin:rolleyes:

Most shovels are decent as long as they have a steel blade, do not buy a plastic one, I've heard they break very easy and thats the last thing you want when digging someone out of an avalanche.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just went to walmart last year spend 11.99 on a telescopic shovel handle is removable
so what u asking more for ?

Not much help in Mtn Snow. may as well use your hands, probaly work better and 0 $

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WPS (Western Power Sports) has some nice ones for a fair price. I have the one w/ a telescoping handle, saw in handle, and a tough plastic compositre blade. I've never had any issues with it being a plastic blade. It has always withstood the abuse I've doled out to it. Here's a link for you, good luck!

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
..........and if that one doesn't do it for you, there are some others on the the pages ahead of that one.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had the sam SOS snow shovel for years now ant it is still in great condition.
And there great if you have the StepTek trailing arms.
Snap a trailing arm you just slide the handle on and duct tape it to the trailing arm.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a good one and learn how to use it so that you never have to....

If you can't afford good safety gear then you should evaluate what is important to you in life. I always laughed at the guys I used to race cars with. Most expensive tools, scales, etc., and would show up every year at the track with their old five point harness. Unfortunately, that magnesium impact gun won't save you when you hit the wall at triple digits.

Stay away from the cheap shovels, they are just that. Spend the money on a good one and it will last you forever (if you don't lose it). It will be an invaluable piece of gear if you ever to have to use it for the intended purpose (hopefully you never have to). Avy snow can be like digging in concrete (unfortunately I know this first hand) once it stops moving and you will be digging faster than you have ever dug in your life. When you really need it, a broken shovel is about as useful as tits on a bull. Get an extendable one, your back will thank you when you are digging out your sled :D

I just picked up the new style "companion shovel ext" (second from the bottom on the attached link) at the sled show this weekend, nice and deep, square shovel, for about $60, but I think they are about $70 regular (website price says $55 US, so close to it). You can move a lot of snow with a well designed shovel. They also have the proper digging procedure for digging someone out engraved on it, not that you will stop and look at it in the heat of the moment, but its a good re-fresher to look at every now and then when unpacking/packing.

That's my $0.02.

krazy k

Reaction score
Hi there, hope that this site might work for you, it has shovels,beacons everything. it is SnowBigDeal Avalanche Beacons.com or .ca I can't remember?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't buy from Mountain Equipment Growop. All they wanna do is close down our sledding area's like any good greenie!!!

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't buy from Mountain Equipment Growop. All they wanna do is close down our sledding area's like any good greenie!!!

Well that sucks!:nono:
But they are just about the only place in BC Canada that sells them.(from what i have found);)

Justin:rolleyes:

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there, hope that this site might work for you, it has shovels,beacons everything. it is SnowBigDeal Avalanche Beacons.com or .ca I can't remember?

yes it works
But i don't want to order any thing from the US.
We have a friend that comes hunting every year and he sent me a box of stuff that i ordered from the states, and after about two weeks of going around Canada and the USA they phoned up the sender and told him the the box had not been delivered. And know the UPS Canada whats $78.00 from me.(He had sent it as a gift)
So im not likely to order any thing out of the USA right now.
Iam still waiting for it and from what they told my dad it could be up to 1 week before it gets to Williams Lake AGAIN!:rant:
All i cant say is dont order any thing for the USA,

thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it works
But i don't want to order any thing from the US.
We have a friend that comes hunting every year and he sent me a box of stuff that i ordered from the states, and after about two weeks of going around Canada and the USA they phoned up the sender and told him the the box had not been delivered. And know the UPS Canada whats $78.00 from me.(He had sent it as a gift)
So im not likely to order any thing out of the USA right now.
Iam still waiting for it and from what they told my dad it could be up to 1 week before it gets to Williams Lake AGAIN!:rant:
All i cant say is dont order any thing for the USA,

thanks

I have received stuff from the States via USPS all good. UPS not good! $500.00 parcel left sitting on my front step for most of a day. At least US postal service stuff goes to the post office for pickup if you aren't home

Top Bottom