We are the Voice.. Snowmobile Tether petition

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful with that method. If it's gets wrapped around your bars when you get launched it'll try to rip your arm off.

Voice of experience here! I never seem to learn anything the easy way! :noidea:

Never thought of that. Thanks for the heads up. Gonna have to come up with something else.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never used to wear tethers untill last year when I bought an XM. If you roll it left to right the stupid start button hits the snow and fires it up. Then another 1/4 roll and the throttle opens up. By that time your hands are on the track. Serious safety issue. I know I know wear your tether and it won't happen. Happened more than once in our group last year now we all wear our tethers. And just put one on our Pro-rmk. And my Yami has one too.

Hey viper ????? What brand an were you find one for the poos ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brad6

Reaction score
Mine should be here in the mail today. Putting one on because a work buddy's brother cartwheeled his sled and got pinned underneath. He was the last rider in the group, was pinned under for a couple minutes before his buddys came back to find him. He just about died and numerous skin grafts late retc. So easy choice to put one on for me once it its a little closer to home you see how easy sh*t can go sideways.=tether= cheap and easy piece of mind as along as you use it and it works the way its supposed to.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer that manuf had both tethers and stuck throttle kill switches, my 98 Polaris xcr 440 race sled had both and every Polaris during that era came with the stuck throttle switch and worked very well when it was adjusted properly all yah had to do was let your thumb off the throttle when it stuck and your engine died, more effective than a tether IMO, because tether cords can snap, the loop on you coat can tear off, I've seen that happen before.
There are two many different instances where one will work and the other won't, and vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer that manuf had both tethers and stuck throttle kill switches, my 98 Polaris xcr 440 race sled had both and every Polaris during that era came with the stuck throttle switch and worked very well when it was adjusted properly all yah had to do was let your thumb off the throttle when it stuck and your engine died, more effective than a tether IMO, because tether cords can snap, the loop on you coat can tear off, I've seen that happen before.
There are two many different instances where one will work and the other won't, and vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using
Do they still make struck throttle switches?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I believe Polaris was the only manuf at the time that had that back in the 90's. I'm not sure if Polaris has them on their sleds still.

Sent from my iPad using

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we bought the wife's Yamaha it didn't have a tearher, well one day she flopped it over on a side hill. She was thrown to the high side and rolled back towards the track with the throttle hung open. Seeing her helmet hit the spinning track almost made me puke (she also had a 18" ponytail) luckily no injuries and the tether went on before the next ride.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we bought the wife's Yamaha it didn't have a tearher, well one day she flopped it over on a side hill. She was thrown to the high side and rolled back towards the track with the throttle hung open. Seeing her helmet hit the spinning track almost made me puke (she also had a 18" ponytail) luckily no injuries and the tether went on before the next ride.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Omgosh that would have been horrible. Glad she was ok!

Top Bottom