Water well advice / help please

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to here, hopefully it holds out. Just a thought but I've lived on a farm my enitre live and we've had numerous wells and never had perforations into two producing zones. I would want make sure the water is checked for compatibility. If you have high Iron in one zone and high sulphur in another your could generate scales as soon as they comingle. Probably not an issue but worth asking about.

Secondly i've never seen that much treatment before. With our current well we are tied directly to it with no treatment system at all. In past we've had Iron removers/softeners but never chlorinators or pre-filters. I would put a hydrant on the well and get the water analyzed for mineral and microbials, treatment systems are costly to maintain and break down, the less you have the better.

I also question the cistren, 4.5 gallons/min is lots of water for a 10 acres house. Our farm is 2.5 gallons, two houses and cows...

Hope it all works out for you.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They actually raised the pump up 15'....it is at 85' now and changed the restictor to 2 gpm....cleared right up. I will be monitoring for sure....

Glad it cleared up but dont understand the pump elevation was it slowing the rate or raising the pump. It give you 50' of casing full of water about a 35 gal in the casing.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Sorry to highjack this thread but who do you recommend as a reputable water well drilling company for drilling around The Rocky area? Were you happy with Alken Basin Dave? And if you don't mind. How much a foot did it end up costing you? I need one drilled as soon as possible on my acreage. Neighbours wells are all around 150-180 feet. Good wells with no treatment.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to highjack this thread but who do you recommend as a reputable water well drilling company for drilling around The Rocky area? Were you happy with Alken Basin Dave? And if you don't mind. How much a foot did it end up costing you? I need one drilled as soon as possible on my acreage. Neighbours wells are all around 150-180 feet. Good wells with no treatment.

I used Aero ... Use to sled with Craig.. Good company. Alken has a good rep too..

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well....it's better...but I still have to babysit the filling of the cistern. Instead of removing and cleaning the filter 5 times per cycle, I can just open the valve and blow it out 3 or 4 times. Then I remove and clean it to be ready for the next top up cycle. The carbon filter did a regen last night at 2 am....this uses about 50+ gal of water (and sounds like a jet fighter in your basement).....so I was down there for an hour making sure the cistern kept full. Acreage life sucks so far....

Oh well, took the hour last night to download the instructions for the carbon filter....reset it to regen at 6pm every 6 days instead of 2am.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gather up all that cistern , filter, and extra chit you don't need ...take it to the dump and have a beer.
A little grit and iron won't hurt ya.....
Anymore than filtering water in
Middle of the night......

KISS........!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well....it's better...but I still have to babysit the filling of the cistern. Instead of removing and cleaning the filter 5 times per cycle, I can just open the valve and blow it out 3 or 4 times. Then I remove and clean it to be ready for the next top up cycle. The carbon filter did a regen last night at 2 am....this uses about 50+ gal of water (and sounds like a jet fighter in your basement).....so I was down there for an hour making sure the cistern kept full. Acreage life sucks so far....

Oh well, took the hour last night to download the instructions for the carbon filter....reset it to regen at 6pm every 6 days instead of 2am.

well at least we will know where you are all the time. hopefully it gets better, acreage life =more friggin work.

Top Bottom