Water sports Edit

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score

Hi Guys, had a great weekend, three boats in two days always a good time. Next vid will be all stand up jet skis. Let me know what you think. Some of footage with the go pro on the rope are good but it also swings a bit much. I guess if you make a 360 you make the edit. You always makes the edit if you do not!

Got a go pro for Xmas and have been trying to do one edit every month. It is harder than I thought.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool Vid! Thanks for sharing. Curious how fast the boat was set at when you were surfing? We surf lots and it seemed fast to me, but maybe hard to tell from the video. Thanks

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Thanks! :) We surf 10 mph then it is +-0.3. The board makes a big difference in the speed with which you can go on the boat. We started with a bigger board and it seemed impossible to keep up with the boat. Bought a force 4 carbon board and the speed of that board makes all the difference. Have fun out there!!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Thanks. We have several boards and our sweet spot is 9.8-10.3 so right around the same!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First off, you got a sick boat, i'm jealous.
Second, the editing is a lot harder then most think. I'll give a couple suggestions, hopefully construction criticism.

For the intro, the title doesn't really need punctuation as much. What i mean is you could probably just get away with putting Wakeboarding Skating Surfing, but without the commas and the & symbol, it would clean up the title looking more professional. Maybe try and match the angle of the graphics on the intro, and put the text on the same angle.

Mounting is your friend, look into getting a chesty mount or a head strap. Makes for some good point of view angles. They don't cost much, if you're looking to get into editing more.

I don't know what camera you have, but i'm assuming its the 3 or 3+, you can go through your settings to change the field of view. For the shots of looking back from the boat, it may have been better to use a narrower field of view to get less of a fish eyed lens view. To be able to see the person being towed.

When you were talking about the image bouncing around, depending on what program you use to edit, there is often ways to stop the jumping video, but it narrows the field of view to keep it still. I use Sony Vegas 12, and there is a plugin that is called "Sony Stabilize" that stabilizes it according to what you put the settings as, if you find the video jumps side to side more you can stabilize it more side to side, rather then vertically.

The clip you chose to end the video fit perfect. Keep up the good work, remember take my advice as a grain of salt, it's intended as constructive criticism.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that is really good from my seat. Makes me sort of want a boat. Sort of. Good job. Thanks for sharing

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. You are right on the money. It is fun to get out and try to find cool shots. More to come. Rob

Top Bottom