water line removal

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used some liquad VIM on a stuborn yellow line worked wounders!!!!!:d

but of course i waxed it after,, here at work we have a sweet liquad spray wax,,,, spray the whole boat in 10minutes drink a beer as it cures and soft cloth off the residue takes 15minutes then 3 more beers,,:d:d

best wax application ever,, great stuff

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used some liquad VIM on a stuborn yellow line worked wounders!!!!!:d

but of course i waxed it after,, here at work we have a sweet liquad spray wax,,,, spray the whole boat in 10minutes drink a beer as it cures and soft cloth off the residue takes 15minutes then 3 more beers,,:d:d

best wax application ever,, great stuff

Now i like the sounds of that....is like the detailer stuff Crappy tire sells?

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i have not done the gorilla fins but have done my prop before with Boydo's polish, it looks sweet when you pull it out of the water and you have a super shiny prop.....not sure about anyone else but always catches my attention.:d:d

looks good when they are done lot of work too keep up i did the the under brass in the fall looks good.

how may times do you wax in a summer? (the boat)

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now i like the sounds of that....is like the detailer stuff Crappy tire sells?

Umm I should check the make but its a comercial product,, its the stuff we sell for $300 per application,,,,, you know the "protection package" on your car....

but the stuff is good

and on my interior I have been using aerospace 303 for 5 years.....this stuff is the best period lasts for a long time cleans well and UV protects,, best chit around hands down,, not greasy or smelly either
clnr.jpg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
linky to 303 website on how to clean vinyl,, makes good sense to me.....

I heard some peeps using magic erasers this is a bad idea they scratch the surface for sure..

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm I should check the make but its a comercial product,, its the stuff we sell for $300 per application,,,,, you know the "protection package" on your car....

but the stuff is good

and on my interior I have been using aerospace 303 for 5 years.....this stuff is the best period lasts for a long time cleans well and UV protects,, best chit around hands down,, not greasy or smelly either
View attachment 93271

That's sunscreen for you boat it said it bottle

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I tried several products suggested in this thread to remove the water line. What I thought was an innocent water line turned out that I needed to deoxidize then polish the whole boat. It was a minor faint line so it came out easily. Boat looks great now after 5 hrs of work!

Now we need some sunshine!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

but the stuff is good

View attachment 93271

I do have a bottle of 303 as well i picked up from Martin Farm Eq. i switched over to Mequire's rubber & vinyl clenaer, works just as good if not better and i can get it at any crappy tire. I just put another coat of wax on the top deck during this crappy rainy stint.

Attachments

• IMG-20110613-00177.jpg
    IMG-20110613-00177.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 64

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have a bottle of 303 as well i picked up from Martin Farm Eq. i switched over to Mequire's rubber & vinyl clenaer, works just as good if not better and i can get it at any crappy tire. I just put another coat of wax on the top deck during this crappy rainy stint.

I used the oxidation remover from Mcguires and it worked great!

Top Bottom