water line removal

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my boat anchored on a buoy last summer for 2 months and have somewhat of a water line and wondering what is a good product to remove it with the least amount of elbow grease :d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to a superstore and buy their own brand of toilet cleaner, a friend suggested it to me a few years back when I was trying to get the water line off my 17' Fibreform. it works like nothing I have ever tried before, and I tried almost everything including spray 9...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to a superstore and buy their own brand of toilet cleaner, a friend suggested it to me a few years back when I was trying to get the water line off my 17' Fibreform. it works like nothing I have ever tried before, and I tried almost everything including spray 9...

you are talking about the President's Choice brand? How was the gel coat after?

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my boat anchored on a buoy last summer for 2 months and have somewhat of a water line and wondering what is a good product to remove it with the least amount of elbow grease :d

Mine sits in the lake for 5 months
To get rid of the waterline I use Marine Spray 9

Its available at Costco $11.99 for 2 bottles

It also cleans awnings and boat covers as well

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are talking about the President's Choice brand? How was the gel coat after?
shiny as if I had waxed it. it was my concern as well, buddy said it was good to go. tried it on a small patch on the transom beside the leg first, it is a kind of blue gel and as it streaked down it took every bit of grime with it. works awesome man, you can be lazy and just squirt it on then rinse it (takes 3 jugs to do the boat this way...lol), or wear rubber gloves and apply it with a sponge.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
My daughter is a detailer for the number one malibu dealer in canada and they use nothing but mequires products...... they have a product for every situation.

Windex for the interior though ... :d:d

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
My daughter is a detailer for the number one malibu dealer in canada and they use nothing but mequires products...... they have a product for every situation.

Windex for the interior though ... :d:d

Well, that is great info, but would be even better if you told us WHICH Meguires product they use on water lines...just sayin

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks for all the suggestions! Will have to see which one has the least amount of work. Kind of like the toilet stuff idea and if I dont have to scrub but go thru 3 bottles well worth it. More time on the water :d:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, that is great info, but would be even better if you told us WHICH Meguires product they use on water lines...just sayin

There are all different types. For example my boat had some oxidation on it so I used oxidation remover then the boat and RV polish followed by the wax. It depends on what you are doing. The instructions are on the back of the bottle as to which products to use in which order.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
White hull - toilet bowl cleaner. We have been using it for 25 years and the new gel stuff they are making is getting better. Colored hull, any good marine oxidizer such as Meguires

If it is hard water line - CLR is the ticket. I mix the concentrate 50/50 with water and spray on, wait three minutes and use sponge. Works great if you keep it in boat with you and give it a quick spray and going over while the hull is still wet. For the uninitiated - have everyone sit on left side of boat while you pray down right side of hull. Then reverse. If hull and hard water stain is wet - is a 2 minute job

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suggest all you guys put a good coat of wax on after using that strong of cleaner cause guarnteed it will strip any existing wax off.......and just in case your wondering yes i wax the underside of the boat.....creamper + wax= sore neck and shiny underside.:d Shes my baby

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I suggest all you guys put a good coat of wax on after using that strong of cleaner cause guarnteed it will strip any existing wax off.......and just in case your wondering yes i wax the underside of the boat.....creamper + wax= sore neck and shiny underside.:d Shes my baby

x2 pain in the ass but looks good and performance is better. This year i did use spray 9 on the under belly first before meguires as the lake had a little film of grease/oil residue that it left on the boat. came off no problem. 2 beer job.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

can you come and do mine?:d:d:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
White hull - toilet bowl cleaner. We have been using it for 25 years and the new gel stuff they are making is getting better. Colored hull, any good marine oxidizer such as Meguires

If it is hard water line - CLR is the ticket. I mix the concentrate 50/50 with water and spray on, wait three minutes and use sponge. Works great if you keep it in boat with you and give it a quick spray and going over while the hull is still wet. For the uninitiated - have everyone sit on left side of boat while you pray down right side of hull. Then reverse. If hull and hard water stain is wet - is a 2 minute job

contrary to what Joey says... praying will not work in this situation

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you do the fins a prop toO?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you do the fins a prop toO?

No i have not done the gorilla fins but have done my prop before with Boydo's polish, it looks sweet when you pull it out of the water and you have a super shiny prop.....not sure about anyone else but always catches my attention.:d:d

Top Bottom