Washing a sled cover

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poo cover for my pro rmk is filthy, it’s at the point where it gets my sled dusty/dirty when I put it on.

Can these things be thrown in a front load washing machine?....I’d prob go to a coin laundry place

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Poo cover for my pro rmk is filthy, it’s at the point where it gets my sled dusty/dirty when I put it on to trailer.

Can these things be thrown in a front load washing machine?....I’d prob go to a coin laundry place

I wash mine at the Car Wash,

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I wash them at home when my wife goes shopping. Right in the washing machine and hang to dry.

I do the same.
Light cycle wash (no laundry detergent) and add the gortex treatment found at most sports stores.
Keeps them some what water proof.

Only hang them to dry. Do not put in dryer.

Last 850 165" ski doo cover I dried would only fit on a 146" tunnel.....Bwhaa!

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doooo IT at your nearest Laundry Mat.......its Rocket science !:cool::beer: (Oh and Hang Dry )

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did mine and now it looks like an old pair of acid wash jeans with all the soap residue, and I only used a half a cup of liquid soap.

Looks like no soap or car wash are both better options.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Threw it in the wash last night, delicate on low spin and warm....cane out almost new looking :D

i wonder though, where does all the dirt go? Do washing machines have filters? Lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Threw it in the wash last night, delicate on low spin and warm....cane out almost new looking :D

i wonder though, where does all the dirt go? Do washing machines have filters? Lol
Just like the dirt from all our clothes, etc.. Down the sewer, into the settling ponds/rivers/oceans...........where do you think it goes?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I figured it dumped out into city sewer somewhere but thought maybe there’s a filter for heavier dirt?....a filter that would get clogged by me leading to my roomies (aka parents) becoming angry with me lol

Top Bottom