Warn winch

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 2500 winch it will lift the blade up fast but going down it will power out. Any ideas what might be wrong?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
number one make sure the wire or rope is free in the spool when it lets out and in.. if wire is caught then winch will come to a stop... does it stop instantly or does it go slower like it has a lot of weight on it and then crawls to a stop?

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
number one make sure the wire or rope is free in the spool when it lets out and in.. if wire is caught then winch will come to a stop... does it stop instantly or does it go slower like it has a lot of weight on it and then crawls to a stop?
it crawls to a stop

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is recommended that you use an 8 foot rope or cable to work with a plow. It gives more torque thus easier on the winch. it should reel out at the same speed as it reels in. if not something is binding. Try without the plow, see if it works better. if it does suspect that the cable is binding on itself. If it doesn't work better then it could be the switch or the main power block.

nd4spd

Reaction score
can you free spool out the cable? check your power cables to make sure one isn't split or pinched as well. take the connections off and see if they are dirty or corroded too

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 feet of rope ...that is a no brainer. I am going to change mine out, thanks for that tid bit. Ended up putting a bike cable lock on for 7 bucks it is about 6 feet long..good enough. It is even coated in plastic on the cable

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out if your plowing with the blade up off the ground slightly then 3/16 cable is not strong enough. So i am going to add a snatch block. Half as hard on the winch and doubling the strength.... in theory.

Top Bottom