Wanted to rent 30' RV for Sept/Oct

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys:

I am a little new to the RV game. My wife and I have ben looking at getting a TT or 5th wheel for going to horse shows. The shows at the end of Sept/Oct are a week long - and with a hotel room at $125 day an RV may make sense. A buddy lent me his 22ft Class "C" for the summer, and it was fun loading up the kids and heading out of town in it.

We were looking at floorplans, and it looks like a big slide and bunks are a must. Something in the 27 to 30 foot range likely.

I have two problems.

First - I don't know if I could get it into my place. My driveway into the acreage has a sharp turn on it - this may prove a problem. I used to get my 28ft gooseneck horse trailer in it - and I think that the axles were farther back on it than a travel trailer. Anyone got one that size out by Sherwood Park (we are 5 miles south of Ardrossan) that can try it out for me? There is at least beer and steak in it for you - plus some $ to cover gas!!

Second - someone want to rent me a trailer that fits this description for the last week in September? The last thing I want is to put the bucks out for one - and then have the wife say she would rather stay in a hotel in the fall! With the little motorhome we were using - the furnace was pretty loud and kept us up all night! I can see that being an issue the second week of October when the nights get cold.

If someone has one for sale that I could make a deal on (rent frist - then buy) would be great. Wife said no more than $22K. I would prefer a tag-a-long because I have a canopy on the truck now for the dog kennels, but I would consider a 5th.

Cheers,

Greg

bounce_manca

Reaction score
hey there. i have rented trailers from a place on the west end of edmonton called northern lights rv. they have a website and have all manner of rv from motor homes to travel trailers. we have been happy with the units and last year rented the 28 ft slide unit. was a great time and a lot of fun. have a look at the website for pricing or give them a call. have rented twice now and would do it again.

j

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I ended up buying a 30' with a slide. Think I got a good deal?Anyway - I really like the unit and the Old Duramax pulls her pretty well.

Greg

Top Bottom