Vega Ridding area??

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So me and the boys wana ride vega on sunday. does anyone know if the ferry will be open?? also could somone give me some directions.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vega ferry is closed and sounds like it will not be opened untill June if your going on bikes you won't have much fun lots of snow still

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
The ferry doesn't start operating until early may.

You can get there by taking highway 2 north from St Albert. Turn left onto highway 18 through Westlock. Highway 18 will turn into 33 just north of Barrhead. Continue on 33 toward Ft Assiniboine. Turn right off 33 onto secondary 661 through Ft. Assiniboine. Stay on 661 all the way to "vega" which is actually the Timeu Creek OHV Recreation Area. The riding area with be on your left. If you reach the ferry crossing, you went to far:beer:

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ferry probably won't be in for quite a while !They have it pulled up on the campground under a tent and are rebuilding it!I was down there today and the ice hasn't moved an inch!Also we could probably still sled up here so it might be a while for bikes because you can't get around in the bush with a quad yet!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can always go around the ferry. It takes longer, but it works if its closed.

Black08Brute

Reaction score
Was not far from there today and there is 1.5-2ft in the bush, should have taken the sled instead of the quad today. Late afternoon she kind of gets tricky.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was not far from there today and there is 1.5-2ft in the bush, should have taken the sled instead of the quad today. Late afternoon she kind of gets tricky.

Did you go with Calvin? I wanted to go but my front diff is in a 1000 peaces!:mad:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

have you found a new diff or are you rebuilding it?

I am just rebuilding it. It was only the spider gears and the center case that was wrecked. Getting the parts from KawasakiUSA.com it only $406 with new seals shiped to my door. Cars RV in Leduc wanted about $750 for the same parts!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modmanmike do you still have that stock muffler? I am planning on going sleding to Vale this weekend, and thought if i am going through Hinton at desent hour I would stop and pick that up from you.

Top Bottom