Valemount & hid lites

gartho

Reaction score
Ok so I upgrade my trucks lites,so of course it makes night vision much better,also resulting in you would think a safer trip!. Were crawling in to Valemont thurs night,I was the last truck in a what was close to a 9 truck convoy.the road was a carbon copy of a curling rink,were all crawling at was maybe 60 km,being safe,no one taking runs at the front of the pack. I had my fog lamps on due to the blowing sideways snow,making vision way better. We meet a rcmp who turns on the badboy lites,and decides I'm his next agenda prise for the evening. Due to the road conditions I elected not to stop right away waiting for a better place to stop with some room,which apparently bothered our little man. When I did stop,looking in my mirror watching our little friend trying to walk up to my truck,holding on the trailer then box rails so he wouldn't fall on his you know what due to the skating rink were on. WOW talk about creating a hazard on roads like that,whats really on his mind or the Valemont rcmp agenda's. Some oe applications have hid lites!!!. Maybe they could find more pressing issues to deal with, SERIOUSLY. Between the unsolved health issues and the rcmp mentality,makes it hard to wanna spend my hard earned dollars there!:realmad:

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also was in that ch!t storm and saw that cop sitting on the right side, and ya know what.. I would not have stopped till the pull out. WTF is the deal, to stop on that road at that time was a stupid move and was not safe, For what... HIDS. come on.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup was going to say the same thing, read up on what your posting about lol, it has been beat to death, if the hid's are not factory and you didn't opt for the hid hoiusings they are illegal suck it up and pay your fine, the guy is just doin his job. regardless of conditions good or bad i am sure he had things he would much rather do than pull your azz over on a skating rink.

p.s. obey the friggen law and the boyz in blue will leave ya alone. j/s.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I for one don't like HID's shining up my arse when the guy behind won't shut off his driving / flood lights.

Yes they make it better to see at night but not for the on coming and not for the vehicle in front of you.

If you feel the need to use them, drop back and give the guy in front some room, same applies when an oncoming shut them down and don't blind the poor slob. I'm sure if you shut them down soon enough the Queens Cowboy wouldn't have know you were using them.

At the same time I agree with the un-friendly mentality of the local RCMP in Val after watching them in action during Mountain Mania 4 last year it turned me off enough that I haven't been back and doubt I will. That's just personal preference on my part.

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Ya I learned with my ticket to turn those fog lights off while in BC. Mine are properly aimed however and do not "Blind" people when coming up behind them or passing them, just simply to get a clearer view of the road and wildlife in the ditch.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but to drive safe, slow down!!!! If you cant see.... Pull over at the next available area... These Hids have their place, but its not in non DOT approved, non-re-adjusted headlight assemblies (yes even if your lights worked ok with oem lights, they NEED to be adjusted with HIDs), let alone be replaced with HID and DOT compliant housings...

The way I see it, HID's are a false feeling of security.... Sure you can see a lot farther, and in worse conditions, so you end up going quicker.... BUT, the ice is just as slippery, those animals jump out just as fast, can YOU react..... It comes down to reaction..... bright lights dont do u any good when you cant react to the conditions given to you.....

Just my 2 cents... NEVER had HID's never will..... Don't like looking at them thru my mirror, windshield, or using them in a vehicle equipped........ NOT WORTH THE HYPE...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I hate them...plain and simple, you guys who say they are aimed properly so they aren't bothersome BULLCHIT...

they are 5x worse than some douche leaving his highbeams on when coming at you or racing up behind you....

The wifes benz has them as stock equipment but on a car at 14" off the pavement is a totally different song than in a lifted GP special with a trailer.....

But thats just my opinion..

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see the point.. but really the cops are an issue in valemount.. their are millions of cars in AB with HID lights. you dont go complaining to the OEM manufacture to stop making them in their cars/trucks. they are by far a better light.. anyone who says they arnt really dont do alot of backroad mountain driving at night.. they make the drive way safer..

but back on topic with this.. i think the whole point was the fact the cops in vale need to find better things to do then pull people over for headlights.. like common..

i agree with unsafe loads and trailers.. fair enough.. but get a clue.

pull the 1985 honda civic with summer tires and one headlight doing 45kmh on roads where everyone els is doing 90kmh ( had to post the speedlimit here ) thats more of a safty issue.. but if its got BC plates.. guess what. not pulled over

last year i got a bunch of tickets. being from ab i said lets fight them and see.. guess what all thrown out!

and lets face it... its just a fine in bc doesnt affect your record.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then don't.
You fools that think it's safer to drive with these pos lights endanger the other people on the road.

IMO, OEM lights wouldn't be approved to be installed on the trucks without intensive testing to make sure they are adequate...

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the law is the law, but it needs to be right across the board. Even in that other country...Quebec. That way everyone is on the same page, IMO.

Top Bottom