Valemount December 2007

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant imagine what it would have been like trying to break into West ridge Curtis. Went up there today and out of 9 guys that were trying to make it up I was the only one that was successfull. Some of the steep pulls were nothing but sheer ice.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke trail into westridge 2 years ago, after we got around the last sidehill there is a good pull through the trees , kinda levels off then a good pull past the cabin(belongs to crosscountry skiers) in the bush to the alpine. Snow was 3' deep. Took almost 4 hours from the sidehill to the alpine....one of the most fun days ever!!!:D:D Good sized area if you want to cross over the peak to the backside.Not for the rookies...CMH chopper circled us a couple times(at a safe distance) while we were on top, they have a lodge not to far away in the valley.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow has been in the forcast all week, but we have seen nothing in town. Reports of 6-8" of fresh at Allan Alpine and 6" in the Chappell parking lot. Also heard the renshaw was good and groomed yesterday.

Lots of places to ride in our wonderful valley :D

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode Clemina Friday, was pretty pounded out and was fogged in up top......... rode Allan today, was snowing off and on, managed to find some fresh snow, but they need snow bad....

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, limited info and no pics. I will be in an 11 hour a day avy course for the next week so my posts will be limited at best. We will be in the field lots so I will post info as I get it and time permits.

We did ride Chappell yesterday and with the recent new snow south, the trail has improved and we were riding in over the hood, snorkel snow. If you are in the area, I reccomed to hit it now ! O visibility so folks did not travel. We are planning on running a groomer up on thursday evening.

Merry Christmas

Check avy conditions before heading out avalanche_ca

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
pics from allan creek sat 15 dec
pounded but we found untouched pow

Attachments

• DSC00677sm.JPG
    DSC00677sm.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00689sm.JPG
    DSC00689sm.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC05113sm.jpg
    DSC05113sm.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC04953sm.jpg
    DSC04953sm.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

HIGH ALTITUDE

Reaction score
Rode Millage Sat. Trail Brutal, But Deep Powder, Close To 3' Fresh, Snowing So Hard Could Not Get Past The Lake For Visibility. Next Weekend Should Be Excellent. Watch Out For Holes.

Rode Allan Sunday, Pounded But Found Lots Of Fresh Far Back.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the post at the top I had mentioned that baring unforseen events, we will be hitting chappell on thursday evening, so thats where Id be heading :D

We are getting hammered right now and the highways are brutal, so beware

heading up allan tomorrow for the avy course, if i can find my camera:realmad: I will post some pics.
c

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 cm of fresh in the last day or so in the Allan Creek area and still falling when we left.:D Great snow folks

The Allan lot is a little deep, we just cant keep up. The groomer will clear a runway at least tonight, but noone had any trouble today, its nice fluffy snow.

Plan for Chappel tomorrow evening is still on

Please check avy conditions before going out, especially with all this new snow. Have a look at the pic ! avalanche_ca

Attachments

• macsmall.jpg
    macsmall.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 120
  • allandec19.jpg
    allandec19.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 141

Stevo

Reaction score
KLM and I are heading up on the 28th to ride Sat/Sun/Mon. I'm looking forward to hearing the reports from this weekend.

Finally got my sled out and thought I better check in here for the first time this year. I put a 4 inch riser and lefty throttle on my M8, we'll see how they work out!:specool:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they grooming Milage tonite?? A few of us might come from Mcbride to ride.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas !!!!!

As it sits now, this is the grooming schedule (unforseen circumstances may cause changes)

Allan and Clemina are groomed the evening of:
Wednesday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Chappell is groomed on Thursday evenings

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Generous amounts of snow has landed on Valemount within the last week. We have over a 200cm snowpack in the mountains, plus the new falling snow. Riders are reporting over a foot of fresh in the Allan alpine and almost too much in Chappell:D. With conditions like this, make sure you are aware of your surroundings and now the snow conditions in the area.

VARDA is doing all we can with our parking lots. We have been hammered with new snow and are trying to keep up. Please come prepared to operate in 4X4 just in case !

Please check your avalanche conditions before heading out at avalanche_ca

Come on up for a ride

Check out our sponsor listings for great places to eat, stay and gather gear.

ATTENTION ALL SNOWMOBILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS ESSENTIAL TO THE FUTURE OF OUR RIDING AREAS THAT ALL WILDLIFE CLOSURES BE RESPECTED. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBLITY TO KNOW THE AREA BOUNDRIES BEFORE HEADING UP THE TRAIL.

Please report any Caribou sightings to VARDA office at 250-566-4817.

REVINATOR

Reaction score
anyone been into horsey creek yet .was with the first group to get in there last year,after a day of shovelling and grunt work we made it in the sec day,well worth the effort awsome riding.

Top Bottom