Valemount December 2007

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount December 2007 Grooming Begins !

Well, we are finally getting the lower elevation snow that we so desperately needed. We rode yesterday and still found some amazing snow, but the trails are hammered. Our goal is to begin grooming Wednesday evening.

Woke up this morning to more snow that I have ever seen fall in Valemount at once for a long time. Ive got 8" on my patio and it looks to still be falling. This is just what we needed.:D

If I get out I will post pics later

Attachments

• CIMG1397.JPG
    CIMG1397.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 490

GRD

Reaction score
Good to here... Like you said, and lots of others, sounds like the trails need the snow...

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I left for a ride from my front door today:). Unfortunately we could not get to the alpine as we were just too tuckered at the last pull.

Is amazing the amount of snow we have recieved. Comeplete white out conditions. We had to break trail coming out again ! We have recieved 29cm in the town of valemount and its still hammering down. 40-50cm of fresh snow as you gain altitude. Not to many pics as the weather was sooooo bad.

Lots of small slopes fracturing 9cm deep along side the trail, just from us driving by. Conditions are just going to get worse as the snow accumulates. Before you head out check your areas avalanche conditions at avalanche_ca and you make think twice about your chosen area for the day.

Attachments

• CIMG1401.JPG
    CIMG1401.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 444

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Depsnolvr, thanks for posting the photo but more important, thanks for the Avalanche update, we need your expertise to understand when there are highter risks, we don't want anyone getting hurt.

Have a great day.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depsnolvr, thanks for posting the photo but more important, thanks for the Avalanche update, we need your expertise to understand when there are highter risks, we don't want anyone getting hurt.

Have a great day.

I dont want to mislead anyone, my expertise is limited (but growing !). This is just my opinion and a personal warning.

Some guys wanted to go to oasis today, and I neglected to go, due to conditions.....sometimes you just gotta tone er downa a bit.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Good choice, rule one is to let your "Gut" tell you what is safe.

I dont want to mislead anyone, my expertise is limited (but growing !). This is just my opinion and a personal warning.

Some guys wanted to go to oasis today, and I neglected to go, due to conditions.....sometimes you just gotta tone er downa a bit.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.....We left town on sunday as the storm was hitting and it was getting really nasty.Should be great riding this week.Oasis is bad enough and is limited in bad wheather anyhow. Further bowls are unreachable in heavy cover let alone cloud.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey 162 where were you riding i was out there as well i wonder if we crossed paths?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great news guys and gals.......Grooming Begins Tonight:D

We are starting with the Clemina Trail first and as long as we have no issues and things go smooth, they will do Allan as well. If for some reason they cannot make it to Allan Creek, it will be done thursday evening, then the normal schedule will begin(besides Chappell)

As it sits now, this is the grooming schedule (unforseen circumstances may cause changes)

Allan and Clemina are groomed the evening of:
Wednesday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

We have recieved upwards of 40cm new snow in the last 72hrs, and unfortunately some rain at 6000'.

Please check your avalanche conditions before heading out at avalanche_ca

Curtis

For other VARDA info visit

Snoman

Reaction score
Do you have any recent pics that you could post. I will be up at the end of the month and I'm stoked!!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the best I got. Sorry. After three FULL days I finally got to the top last night in darkness and it was too DEEP and Sticky to even ride on the flat with 159.

Attachments

• CIMG1408.JPG
    CIMG1408.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 331
  • CIMG1406.JPG
    CIMG1406.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 318

Snoman

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Looks like the snow is starting to build up! We are bringing up a couple of rookies and they will be in for the ride of there life!
Do you know how far back anyone has made it at Allen?

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya sasksummit i was in valemount at allen from the 30th to the 2nd. As of late im up there from thursday to sundays.This week looks like im going up on the 9th till the 12th. I ride an 04 summit 162 2.5 all black with yellow shocks and seat pad. And i'm usually upside down somewhere :D

sleddude

Reaction score
Was at Allen creek today. Conditions at the top were great with lots of fresh powder everywhere. The trail unfortunately was in terrible shape but will hopefully be better once grooming starts tonight.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys,

I FINALLY got someone willing to leave a piece of equipment out at the Allan parking lot to plow Allan and Clemina. Unfortunately someone has already broke into, caused minor damange and drove the grader around:realmad:.

I understand the snow was deep, but it was mid week and we were not grooming. We are a non profit association and cannot afford to plow during the off season and I was still doing it once a week ! If you dont have the vehicle needed to get into the lots in early season, DONT GO INTO THE LOT !! its plain and simple.:nono: What you did was the same as stealing. Ive been stuck before and did not resort to vandalism and theft.

We now risk loosing the grader and ever since highways has stopped plowing our lots, the costs are almost equivelant to grooming.

If you were riding yesterday or the day before and noticed this, next time pls let VARDA know or at least tell the people to give their head a shake.

Snoman

Reaction score
Some people just don't see a good thing untill it is gone. We need to treat other people and there equipment with the same respect as we would like it given to us!

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats ch*tty to hear Curtis. All it takes is one dumb a$$ to ruin in for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allan and Clemina were groomed up last night and will be through the weekend:D. Bluebird day out today, but damn cold.

Reports of great snow in the alpine

PS. Im looking for a newer 800 Rev if ya got one...

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grooming Has Begun At Allan and Clemina Creek

As it sits now, this is the grooming schedule (unforseen circumstances may cause changes)

Allan and Clemina are groomed the evening of:
Wednesday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Chappell is TBA

Temperatures have warmed up, and the much needed snow is in the forecast. Clemina and Allan are quite tracked up, although there is still snow to be had by the ambitious.

Please check your avalanche conditions before heading out at avalanche_ca

Come on up for a ride

Check out our sponsor listings for great places to eat, stay and gather gear.

ATTENTION ALL SNOWMOBILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS ESSENTIAL TO THE FUTURE OF OUR RIDING AREAS THAT ALL WILDLIFE CLOSURES BE RESPECTED. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBLITY TO KNOW THE AREA BOUNDRIES BEFORE HEADING UP THE TRAIL.

Please report any Caribou sightings to VARDA office at 250-566-4817.

Top Bottom