Valemount Conditions and Updates 2020 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed to clemina in the AM, a sidewinder, an XM and a new Riot alpha.... hopefully you guys left some, well see ya on the hill.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Headed to clemina in the AM, a sidewinder, an XM and a new Riot alpha.... hopefully you guys left some, well see ya on the hill.

Still quite a bit in Bauer's, the south side. And on the hills in southside of Lakeview was still good. Defiantly deeper in Bauer's than at Lakeview.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clemina did not disappoint today, started in Bauers, had a blast there, tried finding the secret way into the glacier area with no luck. Dropped down through the trees past the cabin, went up goat ridge for the top of the world photo.

Then went over to Lakeview meadows and had a time in there, decided to make our way back to the truck via morning glory and ended up killing a couple hours there. All and all another successful day on the hills...

Snapchat-442697343.jpg

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry all, we have a groomer down at Chappell Creek. The trail will not be able to be groomed until later this week. 90 riders on the trail since last groom and no trail passes are required of course. With these freezing conditions, the trail should still be acceptable.

Ride safe.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up with a group 18-21 then tbere taking off wouldnt mind sticking around for a few more days 22-24 if anyone has room in there group for a extra guy vale or blue river doesnt matter to me just want to get a few more days in.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all our friends who may be planning on playing in the snow over the next few days. The sun has been out and the weather has been very cold. That pattern looks to continue on throughout the upcoming weekend. Looking for those patches of untouched and unaffected snow will be the key throughout the weekend, but please do so while keeping a very close eye on your location to make sure you are remaining compliant with all wildlife boundaries. This is always the weekend that sledders are watched very closely and we want to show those watchers how awesome we really are.

We are happy to say that the Chappell Creek area will be groomed up tonight and hopefully back on regular schedule heading into the weekend.

There are still some amazing stashes out there if you go looking. Use the clear days ahead to explore a little and you will be rewarded.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the snow this weekend? Any body got some reports or did the cold weather scare everyone away?

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did sled skiing at Crystal ridge today, sun was out most of the day. Its pretty tracked up and could use a reload. I was wondering what Allan and clemina are like?
I didn't ride this weekend so cannot give first hand info, but one guy I know described it as wind blown concrete. Another person said needs a reload but can find a few pockets here and there if you look.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the snow this weekend? Any body got some reports or did the cold weather scare everyone away?

The open areas are ridden very hard and yes the wind has also turned much of those into concrete as well. The area does need a reload quite badly and there is not one coming any time soon by the looks of the forecast. That being said, there are some amazing opportunities still left out there if you go looking and if you are a tree basher, the snow and traction are perfect!

Levithan

Reaction score
The open areas are ridden very hard and yes the wind has also turned much of those into concrete as well. The area does need a reload quite badly and there is not one coming any time soon by the looks of the forecast. That being said, there are some amazing opportunities still left out there if you go looking and if you are a tree basher, the snow and traction are perfect!

What?
Forecast says there should be over 30cms in the valley over the next 7 days, should be more up top.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone riding Vale this weekend (Sat/Sun) that doesn't mind a tag-along? I'm good with driving myself and my own hotel.
I'm an average rider, like the mellower trees. Would be ok to ride Allen or most other zones, prefer to stay away from Belle and Lucille. Not much for super steep or climbing all day but can hold my own on a poke. Most of my crew is not riding this year and I'd love to get some more seat time.

Ride a '17 Summit 850 165
All gear. (Avy pack, probe, shovel(s), beacon, garmin inreach)
Lots of mountain riding but haven't taken my AST1 yet. I have watch most of the Avalanche Canada webinars.

PM me if interested.

(I have almost the same post in the Blue River section)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there anyone riding Vale this weekend (Sat/Sun) that doesn't mind a tag-along? I'm good with driving myself and my own hotel.
I'm an average rider, like the mellower trees. Would be ok to ride Allen or most other zones, prefer to stay away from Belle and Lucille. Not much for super steep or climbing all day but can hold my own on a poke. Most of my crew is not riding this year and I'd love to get some more seat time.

Ride a '17 Summit 850 165
All gear. (Avy pack, probe, shovel(s), beacon, garmin inreach)
Lots of mountain riding but haven't taken my AST1 yet. I have watch most of the Avalanche Canada webinars.

PM me if interested.

(I have almost the same post in the Blue River section)

Rknight111 was looking for some people to ride with this weekend, maybe shoot him a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom