Valemount Conditions and Updates 2020 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was, just didn't want to make the new turbo skidoo feel too bad, his high marks are just over half way up the hill LOL.
Looked like there was one track that kept on going where you turned around? Someone make it to the top ?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Reload time for Valemount, Blue, McBride

ALLAN_C35043287_20210131201845140_TIMING.jpg

https://ridevalemount.com/webcam/

high.jpg

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wqP0FfNtxc

found some snow way back in Allen on Friday but still not the greatest. At least the sun was out
Ahhhhh, wide open for long periods of time makes it sooo much fun and easier to tune. My fave! The secondary sounds like it is kinda sticking open and not back shifting as good as it could. If u listen closely, when the skis touch, the motor loses a few hundred rpm. This means the secdy is not back shifting and the load is dragging down the rpm but the secdy should be back shifting to maintain rpm. There’s prolly another 5% more speed with a little tinkering. Anyhoo, it’s not a criticism, the sled is ripping. Thanks for posting the vid!
What is avy conditions in Valemount?

Last edited:

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, wide open for long periods of time makes it sooo much fun and easier to tune. My fave! The secondary sounds like it is kinda sticking open and not back shifting as good as it could. If u listen closely, when the skis touch, the motor loses a few hundred rpm. This means the secdy is not back shifting and the load is dragging down the rpm but the secdy should be back shifting to maintain rpm. There’s prolly another 5% more speed with a little tinkering. Anyhoo, it’s not a criticism, the sled is ripping. Thanks for posting the vid!
What is avy conditions in Valemount?

hey thanks for the info, to be honest I’m not to the bar at all here with the low snow I would just bang off the rev limiter if I held it wide open. Love this sled so much but it needs clutching work for sure! Running dalton qay 70’s loaded to 73 grams. Im not even sure what’s in the secondary, I’m not very knowledgeable with clutching. The avy conditions weren’t that bad that day but I would guess they have gone up again now with the new snow in vale. :beer:

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all our friends who may be planning on playing in the snow over the next few days.

Its currently winter armageddon in the valley bottom today. Strong northerly winds and heavy snowfall. Pair that to the last few days of fresh snow and alpine winds and you have a drastically pissed off snowpack.

If you are planning on heading out to play, avoid avalanche terrain and just enjoy a very stormy day in the snow.

Please be sure to share you post to the #mountaintinformationnetwork and to check www.avalanche.ca prior to heading out into the backcountry.

Ride safe.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all our friends who may be planning on playing in the snow over the next few days.

Its currently winter armageddon in the valley bottom today. Strong northerly winds and heavy snowfall. Pair that to the last few days of fresh snow and alpine winds and you have a drastically pissed off snowpack.

If you are planning on heading out to play, avoid avalanche terrain and just enjoy a very stormy day in the snow.

Please be sure to share you post to the #mountaintinformationnetwork and to check www.avalanche.ca prior to heading out into the backcountry.

Ride safe.

That stick was at 7’ when I checked last night. Shaping up to be a excellent week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom