Valemount/Blue River Ride

whopper809

Reaction score
Went on our first ride for the season Jan 3-5th. Conditions were awesome. But then on a mountain horse they're always good snow conditions to be found. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Wow!Don't even recall getting an invite.Guess you bikers are too cool to hang with guys on power toboggans.

whopper809

Reaction score
What size of bikes are you using and how are they on the whooped out trails? And how are they on fuel? Can you go all day on what you can pack? I'm going to build one I think.

Our group from a kawasaki kx450 - husaberg FE570. My bike is a ktm 530 xcw and I'm a 245lb guy and it has good torque and power to get me around no problem, and everything in our group so far is good for about a 6-5 hr day of deep and "hard" riding. If it's easy going we can just about make it back to the truck on the same tank we left with. We all pack an extra 3.5 gal and what ever our tanks hold which varies a little but most are 2.5gal

Some suspension adjustments help for the trails that are whooped out. I find until they are over a foot deep the whoops are pretty good if you ride them faster just like a dirt bike on the whoops, but it's also very easy for us to ride on the edges of the trail or right in the fresh snow where sleds don't run on the trails. When your a beginner rider you will probably ride the trails at a slower pace but once you get used to the feel and your faith in the ski comes around you'll be ripping the trails 40-65mph...lol
Put one together..... You'll enjoy the new adventures. All the guys in my riding group have made the switch and will never look back.

Last edited:

whopper809

Reaction score
Wow!Don't even recall getting an invite.Guess you bikers are too cool to hang with guys on power toboggans.

Oh come on now Mike...... I knew you just returned from a trip that I don't remember a invite to the week or so
before we just went. Lol. We're not too cool to ride with the power toboggans. You guys might just not like all the places we venture into. ;)
Next trip I go I'll be sure to give you a shout out.

whopper809

Reaction score
what r u runnin the 121 or 137" track?

Mine has the 121 but we do have two 137's in the group. They do make a difference in the super deep powder one is on a husaberg 501 and the other is a Husaberg 570. We don't feel that the long track loses and ease of mobility at all on the mountain. But it's not as nimble on the groomed trails.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in this group. :) I'll never own another sled for the mountains. Just sold my 12 Pro 800 so that's what I'm coming off of. Just sayin. ...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rekluse clutch I mine. I generally stay in 3rd. Even starting out. :) I may go to 2nd or 4th one in a while but not a lot. Shifting is not a hassle.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom