Vaccine who’s taking it

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I think vaccines may get too much credit. Is it possible that advancements of indoor plumbing et al de toilet, refrigeration, ac,heat and power, water treatment have anything to do with people not dieing of all these different diseases? We've came along way on many different fronts....

Interesting perspective and maybe true in very small segments of the population but for many of these vaccinated diseases - smallpox, polio & measles the largest at risk populations are in areas without modern amenities and thru the use of vaccines these diseases are widely controlled, maybe not eliminated but manageable. Vaccines definitely help with mortality rates in impoverished countries.

I had the measles when I was 7 and were it not for my vaccines there is a much higher likelihood I would not have survived instead I was sick and uncomfortable for 4 days without even needing hospitalization - due to vaccinations measles has virtually been eliminated in North America and out of 327 cases in 2018 284 (87%) were in non vaccinated folks.
I have had flu shots in the past but only when our grandchildren were too young to be vaccinated more to protect them than us....

I don't like the idea of a "rushed" vaccination for a new strain of the flu that has not been properly vetted but I fear this whole covid-19 vaccine subject is playing into and helping to support the anti-vax agenda....

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting perspective and maybe true in very small segments of the population but for many of these vaccinated diseases - smallpox, polio & measles the largest at risk populations are in areas without modern amenities and thru the use of vaccines these diseases are widely controlled, maybe not eliminated but manageable. Vaccines definitely help with mortality rates in impoverished countries.

I had the measles when I was 7 and were it not for my vaccines there is a much higher likelihood I would not have survived instead I was sick and uncomfortable for 4 days without even needing hospitalization - due to vaccinations measles has virtually been eliminated in North America and out of 327 cases in 2018 284 (87%) were in non vaccinated folks.
I have had flu shots in the past but only when our grandchildren were too young to be vaccinated more to protect them than us....

I don't like the idea of a "rushed" vaccination for a new strain of the flu that has not been properly vetted but I fear this whole covid-19 vaccine subject is playing into and helping to support the anti-vax agenda....

Yeah seems to me people dieing of these diseases are people in 3rd world countries. Could be because they live in squalor?

At any rate if vaccines help impoverished people that's good, if it's used on them for nefarious reasons like some claim not so much...

At any rate I won't be a Guinea pig for any new Corona vaccine. If I need one in order to travel I will cross that road in due time.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we have transported number of covid positive patients since this all started.

Our ppe we wear each call will probably never end.

I am ok with getting the vaccine.

No different than meningitis or other vaccine we get.

Just camp you will be ok

Fantastic weather for a trip

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You fail to mention that the cure for cancer, aids and covid has been known since atleast 2005 (more like the 90s). Probably because the medical/media groups wont tell you that (no money in making people healthy). All of what we know and much of our history has been tampered/modified/withheld/inaccurate, so be careful what you believe blindly.

But dont believe a mouth frother like me, find out for yourself or just keep slowly killing yourself and your family for rich people to get richer. Your choice.

Be glad you have that choice, the near future may prove differently.

How many days do you get from the tinfoil hat before you have to make a new one?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many warm and fuzzies does it give you to belittle others when you dont know the truth?

Grow up and act like an adult please, we already have too many whiney kids in this world.

You dont have to agree with others views and ideas but it doesnt mean you have the right to belittle people either.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many warm and fuzzies does it give you to belittle others when you dont know the truth?

Grow up and act like an adult please, we already have too many whiney kids in this world.

You dont have to agree with others views and ideas but it doesnt mean you have the right to belittle people either.

surprisingly, I agree with most things you say, but when you start saying things like they have the cure for cancer but are hiding it.....you’re departing from reality....

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or the reality you (we) live in isnt actually truth, so would it even be called reality? We have all been lied to about so many things, most just dont know it yet.

Same major mind twists are coming for all, its going to be tough. We need to stand together and support one another regardless of what we think individually. We are all humans and all the same, individual thought isnt a reason to treat others negatively. We need to move past that type of thinking.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus before. So in a way it is different. There are so many variables, and no proof on side effects, or success of getting rid of covid. Seasonal flu shows up every year so whats the actual success of that vaccine?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
surprisingly, I agree with most things you say, but when you start saying things like they have the cure for cancer but are hiding it.....you’re departing from reality....

Wasnt there something on the news 10 years ago that the U of A found a drug that helped cancer tremendously?? The doctor said that drug companies would not endorse it because it was too cheap and they would not make money off it.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into hydroxychloroquine.....two pharmacutical company owners in toronto were killed over it (trudeau is involved). Everyone was against trump when he brought it up, why? Because they dont want us to know about it!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Personal hygiene has improved 1000% along the same timeline as vaccines were miraculously curing all these diseases.I'm not saying they didn't help , but there were other factors at play.
I think vaccines may get too much credit. Is it possible that advancements of indoor plumbing et al de toilet, refrigeration, ac,heat and power, water treatment have anything to do with people not dieing of all these different diseases? We've came along way on many different fronts....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Or maybe we won't all get the same shot????
You do realize that thousands of health care workers, government officials and hockey players will get the vaccine long before you will be offered it? In addition this vaccine may come out of the USA and it may be a year or several years before they would give up some of their supply for us. Anyway what is a better test than having the Liberal government shoot themselves up first? Maybe they will get a "right wing" side effect?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably are living proof. Ever get smallpox, or mumps? Tetanus can also kill 1 to 2 in 10 are fatal..Google is your friend...

How do you know vaccines have ever saved a single life? Not saying they haven't, but where is your proof?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s probably close to a hundred years of documented medical science and history that vaccines work and work well in reducing disease and helping to keep modern society healthy. Several diseases in fact, have been or are close to being eradicated by the use of vaccines....measles, polio, smallpox are examples. Some have started to reappear again, largely due to the stupidity of the rabid anti-vaxxer crowd.
I understand the reluctance of people now over the COVID 19 outbreak and the vaccines being developed. There’s so much shady $hit going on with it, so many facts have been promoted, then recanted and replaced with other information....tough to know who or what to trust...
The death rate is not markedly increasing despite the recent rise in infection rates, which indicates that the medical system is getting better at combating this, and as time progresses, will get even better. With this, and the history of successful vaccines in mind, I think that everyone needs to relax and see what develops with the medical science....science is what will control this, not hyperbole about conspiracies and anti-vaxxer frothing at the mouth....

You guys call yourselves sledders? You take huge risks in the mountains for fun and adrenalin. A little shot shouldn't phase any of us. If it's your time to go, you had a good life. So many tin-foil hat wearers on this forum.

Wow some people with some common sense. S&M does have some hope.. LOL

Top Bottom