Vacation Property House Plans

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm betting he is going to be like Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) and draw up comprehensive rules with strict penalties for all you frequent visitors or squatters.

Thanks for the tips, Doug. Please post those here if you can find them.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well after months of design with a draftsperson we have a plan all put together. The photos is for the colors and types of siding. Now waiting for the plans to be produced. This will also be a few year project.

front.jpg

back.jpg

plan.jpg

3-houseextfront.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With an 11' garage ceiling, you should be able to put a lift in there. If you don't have to money right away, at least get it prewired at the time of wiring

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a nice plan I would make the garage 2 feet wider if you can. Wouldn't cost much more>

Exactly and if lot size will accommodate I would have a 14 ft wide car port down the one side as well .
Cheap and will use it more then garage for parking .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly and if lot size will accommodate I would have a 14 ft wide car port down the one side as well .
Cheap and will use it more then garage for parking .

he does have room for the wider garage...maybe...getting close to max site coverage. but wants to be able to back his toy hauler down the west side so carport is out as the house is tight to the east side.

ron, hit up your buddies to pay for the extra large garage LOL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Maxwell is correct. I already made the garage 2’ wider as well. I started out with a 1200 sq ft house now am at 1700 and a large garage it just got bigger and bigger. I want to put the gravel driveway right beside the garage for trailers/holiday trailer or motor home. Moved the house over 2’ to the east

Here’s the plot plan
4518361e77c8b1c0bbe04777d3403dc2.png

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice plans well thought out.

Location of that half path is questionable, nobody wants to hear someone **** and piss in the kitchen and living room. I get it though, kinda want that there for resale and no other good spot to put it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is a slab on grade. I see no basement stairs. So the question I ask is where is the gear room?? With anticipated guests, where are the drying racks for boots, bibs, jackets, etc.. No closet at the front entrance. You have a lot of space but there are some deficiencies IMHO. The door swing into the master bedroom could be moved to the hallway entrance and not take up space along the wall that it is now doing. There are a few other things; what is in the bathroom beside the tub. The door swing is getting in the way of whatever that area is used for. Hot water tank and furnace seem cramped and could be more central.

I understand totally about the money but I think for 1700+ sqft you are coming up a little short with that plan. After spending a few years teaching Architectural drafting those are just my thoughts Ron.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Nice plans well thought out.

Location of that half path is questionable, nobody wants to hear someone **** and piss in the kitchen and living room. I get it though, kinda want that there for resale and no other good spot to put it.

On the original plan there was no 1/2 bath and I wanted one to service the entertainment areas, it worked out best there and resale its good to have too.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
he does have room for the wider garage...maybe...getting close to max site coverage. but wants to be able to back his toy hauler down the west side so carport is out as the house is tight to the east side.

ron, hit up your buddies to pay for the extra large garage LOL

spots reserved for Tyler's RV in the summer time, I've also requested sewer plumbing and a 30 amp RV plug.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm assuming this is a slab on grade. I see no basement stairs. So the question I ask is where is the gear room?? With anticipated guests, where are the drying racks for boots, bibs, jackets, etc.. No closet at the front entrance. You have a lot of space but there are some deficiencies IMHO. The door swing into the master bedroom could be moved to the hallway entrance and not take up space along the wall that it is now doing. There are a few other things; what is in the bathroom beside the tub. The door swing is getting in the way of whatever that area is used for. Hot water tank and furnace seem cramped and could be more central.

I understand totally about the money but I think for 1700+ sqft you are coming up a little short with that plan. After spending a few years teaching Architectural drafting those are just my thoughts Ron.

1. Slab on grade with ICF perimeter foundation walls 4' below grade. Heated slab.
2. Gear room is going in the garage on back wall, racks and drying racks. with exhaust fan on ceiling.
3. Don't want closet will have hooks and bench. There is a area for coats in mud room. Less places for clutter, my current house has no front closet and never found it needed.
4. Master bedroom doorway - tried this a few ways and I don't want to be immediately entering the living room off the bedroom, this way offers a bit more privacy.
5. Bathroom area beside tub is just open cabinet for towel storage.
6. Furnace room will be designed and filled accordingly, once I decide if I going with electric or propane boiler. These will be placed to use the space the best I can, may even add some shelves or drying room in there as I made this space two feet bigger with the garage.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
spots reserved for Tyler's RV in the summer time, I've also requested sewer plumbing and a 30 amp RV plug.

There will be sewer plumbing and 30 amp RV plug on that side that's why the house was moved 2' over on the west side. Then I will put the slab in this summer and backfill then put geotextile matting down and put recycled asphalt if I can find it. That's as far as I will get this year anyway. I will clear the lot, then do the foundation and plumbing, temp electrical, then backfill and put the driveway in. The lock up stage will be planned for next summer. Hopefully lumber prices will change by then.

Top Bottom