Vacation Property House Plans

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Build yourself a shop/house. Garage Goals on Facebook has a lot of interesting ideas

Was looking at some but too many conflicts with town bylaws and if I have guests that don’t want to have to walk up and down two flights of stairs.( parents ) That’s a dead issue now. Going with 1 storey bungalow with attached garage. Plans are being drafted now.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This would be great however this is only a vacation/cabin property and not a principal residence. I was hoping that those days that you drive and it’s colder that you can just pull into garage for the night with deck on truck with sleds. It may be a big expense to build a large high garage and not worth the return for a couple days to park the truck in the garage. May just pull the sleds off the deck and leave in garage. Same with side by side. Also if I make the door 10’ I have to make a lot of modifications to the house as well according to draftsman. 9’ ceilings are one to make it all work with the said floor plan

Make one bay longer than the other. Minimal cost and gives you that little bit of extra space.i is

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Was looking at some but too many conflicts with town bylaws and if I have guests that don’t want to have to walk up and down two flights of stairs.( parents ) That’s a dead issue now. Going with 1 storey bungalow with attached garage. Plans are being drafted now.

Nice. You will be pleased to see the progress. I can envision you using a deck now instead of an enclosed. Short drives and good security in the garage on the back of your truck. Do yourself a favour and at least build the garage with 9 or 10' walls. Curtis also has a great idea about one bay longer but make them both longer. The contractor I bought from makes his garages to fit the new trend (SUV's that are shorter). I can't get my truck in the garage with my hitch attached. One of the concessions I made for other amenities. Good luck and enjoy the build!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the situation with my garage. Like ferniedoug I cannot have my hitch on.

Garage External Dimensions 32' wide by 26' deep

e75f8013ca11f70c5e73dd859524f825.jpg

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This is the situation with my garage. Like ferniedoug I cannot have my hitch on.

Garage External Dimensions 32' wide by 26' deep

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210218/e75f8013ca11f70c5e73dd859524f825.jpg

Not a problem, just back up a little harder, you'll just crunch a little shelving.

Speaking with Maxwell on this, he has property there, his garages are full of toys and yard maintenance equipment, never could fit trucks in there anyway. I will hardly even park in there ever.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a problem, just back up a little harder, you'll just crunch a little shelving.

Speaking with Maxwell on this, he has property there, his garages are full of toys and yard maintenance equipment, never could fit trucks in there anyway. I will hardly even park in there ever.

yea, i mean you can NEVER have enough garage space. But if your trying to keep within a budget and all of your toys can fit in the garage thats within your budget then the truck stays outside lol.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I'm just an ol' fart and speaking from experience Ron...............now is the time to change the plan!!

Pretty nice to drive the truck under cover with your sled on it and not worry about theft through the night and as a bonus all is thawed for the morning.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This might be a little late, but if not. Give Bill Greer a call over at Ajax Drywall. He's in the West end and him and his son have built custom houses in the past. Highly recommend him. He's a great guy, I worked for him for close to 20 years and my brother has been there for probably 40 years now. Feel free to use my name as a reference.

Also thinking of changing thread title from Property to Party, LOL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This might be a little late, but if not. Give Bill Greer a call over at Ajax Drywall. He's in the West end and him and his son have built custom houses in the past. Highly recommend him. He's a great guy, I worked for him for close to 20 years and my brother has been there for probably 40 years now. Feel free to use my name as a reference.

Also thinking of changing thread title from Property to Party, LOL

Thanks Trashy, I plan on drywalling myself and when I'm sledding next year ill leave Dean or RonH there taping while I have fun, JK. Thanks for the trade references, I would probably be in a bit of hot water if I gave it to someone else though as two of my friends have drywall company's. That's probably a year away anyway, when your doing yourself things go much slower, but by seeing all the lots that sold in Valemount last fall and this last two months there will be a fair amount of building going on. Things will be delayed for sure.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a Designer/Draftsperson doing my plans out of Kamloops BC. So far I would say he is very knowledgeable and very helpful and knows the bc requirements.

View attachment 233156

but where's the pics of the plans??????

Remember 30 amp plug on the outside, and an RV sewer dump in the driveway for when your friends want to squat.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I get a cot in the garage right by all the stinky sledding gear.
but where's the pics of the plans??????

Remember 30 amp plug on the outside, and an RV sewer dump in the driveway for when your friends want to squat.

Top Bottom