v force vs boyesen

cooper

Reaction score
Any one use these on an 08 800p tec or are there other options out there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have a 07 800r ptec and went with the v force.... i think they have the delaminating fixed. i hope.... but the stockers do the same thing so.........
i had the v force in my 600ho before and these fit the 800r so i never had the stockers in the engine and tryed them before i switch the engine into my 04 chassis..... but the v force to stock in the 600ho was like night and day...

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have a 07 800r ptec and went with the v force.... i think they have the delaminating fixed. i hope.... but the stockers do the same thing so.........
i had the v force in my 600ho before and these fit the 800r so i never had the stockers in the engine and tryed them before i switch the engine into my 04 chassis..... but the v force to stock in the 600ho was like night and day...

I had boyseens in an 02 ZX 800 and they didn't make much difference but the V force in my 05 rev was big improvement.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boyesen makes more HP in the 800R according to SnowTech tests, don't know about the p-tec

"New RAGE CAGE Reeds deliver more HP in the Ski-Doo 800R than V-Force 3."

I have the vForce in my big sled and they seem to make an improvement.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boyesen for sure.... we've had problems with the v-force cracking and chipping over time... no issues with the rage cage... run them in my M and love em... huge throttal response gain...

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one use these on an 08 800p tec or are there other options out there.

I would go with the Boysen rage cage, v-force always seem to crack and break.......although every time they come out with something new, ie. v-force II, or v-force III, they have "fixed" the problem.
I also found that anytime I broke a petal v-force always back ordered the replacements.
As soon as v-f III csame out it was near impossible to get replacements for the v-f II blocks.... a pain in the izass.
I always found v-f to perform better....but the Boysen are hassel free

just my $0.02

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reeds are one of those mods that you "think made a difference" because it cost 300$ but yes they do work better on different motors. the r i have found vforce to just be a cheap replacement for factory. no difference.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reeds are one of those mods that you "think made a difference" because it cost 300$ but yes they do work better on different motors. the r i have found vforce to just be a cheap replacement for factory. no difference.

Have to agree with ya on this one, bud of mine changed out vforce to go back to stock when he had problems with the pedals cracking on his 860 straight out said he didnt feel any difference and plugs on a long pull looked same as before.

Top Bottom