2000 ZR120 - Replacement Carburetor

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Trying to help a friend out, they had some bad luck with the carb on their 2000 zr 120 and stripped off or stripped out one of the jets in the carb and are now looking for a replacement one.

Conveniently it is discontinued by Arctic Cat..... Anyone know of jobber replacements or any options for finding one?

Arctic Cat part number 0694-028

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try amazon or by a power fist 200CC replacement motor from princess auto. it pretty much bolts right in and gives you some more power.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a no name carb off of Amazon for my tree wheeler and it showed up the next day pretty much setup and ready to go. Had it running in 5 minutes and did some slight tuning afterwards.
Still fires first crank 6 months later

I'd check there.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
try amazon or by a power fist 200CC replacement motor from princess auto. it pretty much bolts right in and gives you some more power.
that motor from PA would be less than a new carb...... $600 for a new OEM carb.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You kinda kill the sleds resale value as soon as a princess auto motor goes in it!
I don't think these guys care, they just want the machine to run for their kids. It's been a bit of a "money pit" for them, new clutch, now the carb, and I think they did the suspension in it last year too.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to help a friend out, they had some bad luck with the carb on their 2000 zr 120 and stripped off or stripped out one of the jets in the carb and are now looking for a replacement one.

Conveniently it is discontinued by Arctic Cat..... Anyone know of jobber replacements or any options for finding one?

Arctic Cat part number 0694-028

Did They stripped the threaded hole where the jet screws into? Or can’t get a jet out?

Kinda remembering I have a tiny metric bottoming tap in my tool box from when a buddy did something similar to a carb, don’t remember what machine or if was a jet or mixture screw?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think these guys care, they just want the machine to run for their kids. It's been a bit of a "money pit" for them, new clutch, now the carb, and I think they did the suspension in it last year too.

Get it running, sell it, and get the animal.

It’s awesome!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Did They stripped the threaded hole where the jet screws into? Or can’t get a jet out?

Kinda remembering I have a tiny metric bottoming tap in my tool box from when a buddy did something similar to a carb, don’t remember what machine or if was a jet or mixture screw?
I honestly don't know, they were trying to take the jets out to clean them, sled fires up, and idles but bogs out, so they were trying to clean the jets, the guy couldn't really explain it to me.
I think maybe they should just take the carb to someone who knows what they are doing myself.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, they were trying to take the jets out to clean them, sled fires up, and idles but bogs out, so they were trying to clean the jets, the guy couldn't really explain it to me.
I think maybe they should just take the carb to someone who knows what they are doing myself.

Get some pics and Post up the fawked up parts. Fixing the Fawk up will be the cheapest.

Or try mclean’s suggestion of Amazon carb. But there might be a fair bit of Messing around to get throttle cables, choke linkage and air box to all work again. Same with a motor swap.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy bought a made in china carb off Amazon for a TTR 50 Yamaha bolted it on and it fired right up perfect fit

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy bought a made in china carb off Amazon for a TTR 50 Yamaha bolted it on and it fired right up perfect fit
Yup they have a lot of China made, vehicle specific carbs. Couldn't be more simple and can't go wrong for $40

Top Bottom