US gun laws

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And now state what you have to do if you want to use that gun, or where is the only place you can take it, and what permits are needed..

i had had one to but gave it up after all the bs one needed..

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same amount of time it takes my teenager to get her drivers license LOL

In your mind what is an acceptable amount of time for a law abiding citizen to wait to purchase something they are legally allowed to possess?

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agreed. just what they need is another gun to get into the wrong hands. My friend in Arizona bought a hand gun in Arizona last week. ID and credit card in hand and 1 hr later he has it. Can you imagine some wacko picking one of these up in an hr??
Obviously passed the FBI background check, and practicing the 2nd amendment. Congratulations to your friend. Bet he/she got a charge out of telling you. LOL. I'm sure you realize there are no fully automatics sold.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder how soon till this gun is used in another stupid shooting.. Happy to have the gun laws we have up here, states needs to get n board before their all dead
Chicago has the most restrictive gun laws. That's where the shot and dead are.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No check required he said. Anyway, I should let you one of the reasons I feel strongly about gun control (not banning them) is because a very good friend of mine lost his son from a stray bullet down in San Diego about 12 years ago. He was at a convenient store when two thugs decided to have a shoot out with innocent people all over. Both guns were legally purchased by the thugs. So, if having tougher gun laws in place and even saving one innocent life then it is all worth it. The kid was 12. So, next time you think about you God given right to carry a gun think about how it would be to lose a child from a legally purchased gun with little back ground check because if it was done these two thugs may not have been able to carry the shoot out. just my 2 cents worth.

Obviously passed the FBI background check, and practicing the 2nd amendment. Congratulations to your friend. Bet he/she got a charge out of telling you. LOL. I'm sure you realize there are no fully automatics sold.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of people dying from firearms in canada but everyone and their dog is on about banning them. Vehicles on the other hand kill tons of people some accidents some not.. just plain murder. No one cares and very few get charged. Firearms in the hands of the people keep the governments on the straight and narrow, guys like Kim Jong-un would not be able to operator in canada and police and army would not be on your side.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there were more murders by knife in canada last year than guns, they better start registering knives, and anyone without proper training can only have a spoon

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20i9lq8.jpg

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the report that they said "rifles vs knives" and they are pretty much equal. Take a look at this. So much for the knife argument.

How much of that difference should be chalked up to the presence of guns? Well, gun-rights advocates often argue that there's no point taking away people's guns, because you can kill someone with a knife. This is true, but in practice people are nowhere near as likely to get killed with a knife. In America, of those 14,022 homicides in 2011, 11,101 were committed with firearms. In England and Wales, where guns are far harder to come by, criminals didn't simply go out and equip themselves with other tools and commit just as many murders; there were 32,714 offences involving a knife or other sharp instrument (whether used or just threatened), but they led to only 214 homicides, a rate of 1 homicide per 150 incidents. Meanwhile, in America, there were 478,400 incidents of firearm-related violence (whether used or just threatened) and 11,101 homicides, for a rate of 1 homicide per 43 incidents. That nearly four-times-higher rate of fatality when the criminal uses a gun rather than a knife closely matches the overall difference in homicide rates between America and England.

there were more murders by knife in canada last year than guns, they better start registering knives, and anyone without proper training can only have a spoon

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
besides the lunatic running over the soldiers in Quebec when was the last time you heard someone getting in their car and run over innocent people….. hmm can't recall any but I sure can recall a lot of lunatics with guns going into public places and shooting everyone. Anyway, I am not here to preach banning guns as I don't think that is necessary. All I am saying is make it more difficult for people to get handguns. Plain and simple. No it will not fix the problem but like I said earlier if it saves a life then why not.

Not a lot of people dying from firearms in canada but everyone and their dog is on about banning them. Vehicles on the other hand kill tons of people some accidents some not.. just plain murder. No one cares and very few get charged. Firearms in the hands of the people keep the governments on the straight and narrow, guys like Kim Jong-un would not be able to operator in canada and police and army would not be on your side.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No check required he said. Anyway, I should let you one of the reasons I feel strongly about gun control (not banning them) is because a very good friend of mine lost his son from a stray bullet down in San Diego about 12 years ago. He was at a convenient store when two thugs decided to have a shoot out with innocent people all over. Both guns were legally purchased by the thugs. So, if having tougher gun laws in place and even saving one innocent life then it is all worth it. The kid was 12. So, next time you think about you God given right to carry a gun think about how it would be to lose a child from a legally purchased gun with little back ground check because if it was done these two thugs may not have been able to carry the shoot out. just my 2 cents worth.
I'm not insensitive to tragedies like you describe. Going back, your friend in Arizona should have filled out a 4473, and had it called in. The thugs from 12 years ago wouldn't have done that. A lady, that I went to HS with, and her mother were stabbed to death in a motel room in the 80s. They were defenseless. Cops that we've rented houses to, and others, recommend being armed. Plenty of other instances. Legal firearms aren't just sold in gumball machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatqAGYemaM

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
But legally you can't leave your house with it for a few weeks until the paperwork comes in.

Few weeks? Should be a day or two. Today is a holiday. So can't get paper work in till tomorrow So hoping for Thursday so I can hit the range this weekend

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ATT should be part of the RPAL now that C42 is in effect no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
ATT should be part of the RPAL now that C42 is in effect no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so to. But nope. All that's changed from what I understand is you don't have to carry the piece of paper with you. The rules are so confusing

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firearms in the hands of the people keep the governments on the straight and narrow, guys like Kim Jong-un would not be able to operator in canada and police and army would not be on your side.
You're delusional if you think Canadian citizens could overthrow the government in a fire fight. They have an army with training and automatic weapons, armoured personnel carriers, tanks, helicopters, fighter jets, drones etc. A bunch of country folk with their hunting rifles just don't cut it anymore. This is also why America's 2nd amendment right is laughable. Sorry but the government's army is too powerful if they want you they will have you.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so are these fully auto's just found? or are they just given away on Independence day?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
eclipse1966 your only chirping what the news has told you to chirp. And how rich do you have to be to own the news anyway? One gun shooting is broadcasted over and over again. Car accidents do not rate on their radar unless they have a motive to ban cars. Bnorth your probably right but still people can make a difference if there is enough of them, especially if they go around the troops and get the ass that sent them.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so are these fully auto's just found? or are they just given away on Independence day?

Citizens in the US cannot buy new full auto firearms, only what is in current circulation.
Also:

Crime with Legally Owned Machine Guns
In 1995 there were over 240,000 machine guns registered with the ATF. (Zawitz, Marianne,Bureau of Justice Statistics, Guns Used in Crime [].) About half are owned by civilians and the other half by police departments and other governmental agencies (Gary Kleck, Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control, Walter de Gruyter, Inc., New York, 1997.) Since 1934, there appear to have been at least two homicides committed with legally owned automatic weapons. One was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer (as opposed to a civilian). On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. The 1986 'ban' on sales of new machine guns does not apply to purchases by law enforcement or government agencies.
---
Thanks to the staff of the Columbus, Ohio Public Library for the details of the Waller case.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Citizens in the US cannot buy new full auto firearms, only what is in current circulation.
Also:

Crime with Legally Owned Machine Guns
In 1995 there were over 240,000 machine guns registered with the ATF. (Zawitz, Marianne,Bureau of Justice Statistics, Guns Used in Crime [].) About half are owned by civilians and the other half by police departments and other governmental agencies (Gary Kleck, Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control, Walter de Gruyter, Inc., New York, 1997.) Since 1934, there appear to have been at least two homicides committed with legally owned automatic weapons. One was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer (as opposed to a civilian). On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. The 1986 'ban' on sales of new machine guns does not apply to purchases by law enforcement or government agencies.
---
Thanks to the staff of the Columbus, Ohio Public Library for the details of the Waller case.

good! although I assume there is a substantial supply available. still I think i like the way it is in Canada. guns as they say don't kill people! just makes the deed quicker. and I really have no idea why there is such an argument over US gun laws,

Top Bottom