Ultrasonic cleaners

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up an 89 phazer that has been sitting in someone's back yard for 10 years. Actually in decent shape, but pretty gummed up.

Who's using ultrasonic cleaners for sled parts? Any advice if I'm looking to pick one up?

wildthangci

Reaction score
I got one over a year ago. Cheap generic one off Amazon. I use it almost every day. Two things. Make sure you get one big enough for what you want to clean and use a good solution. Lots of cleaners will work, but many will react with the aluminum in carbs. I use cleaner specific for this purpose.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one over a year ago. Cheap generic one off Amazon. I use it almost every day. Two things. Make sure you get one big enough for what you want to clean and use a good solution. Lots of cleaners will work, but many will react with the aluminum in carbs. I use cleaner specific for this purpose.

What cleaner are you using? The stuff in mine will react to the carbs if I leave them in it over night so not a fan off that.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use the vevor.ca brand ones at work.

So far has lasted a while and gets used frequently.

And seems like the best prices.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What size does a guy ideally want? For the average guy looking to clean carbs, clutch parts, etc. 10L?

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the 10L from Uncle Weiner’s in Edmonton, $229.95 on sale. So far it worked good for cleaning up the planetary gears & cases of an atv 2500 winch that was all caked up & partially seized

wildthangci

Reaction score
Mine is a Shzond brand 6L. Don't think it's even available anymore, but it looks like the other cheap import units on Amazon. It's held up well and the size works well for single carbs. For rack carbs or other components, a larger tank would be better. I believe the largest thing I've cleaned in it was a timing cover off a small block ford, but that required lots of turning to get the whole thing clean.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a 6L last year. It’s big enough for any small engine carb, and is a goddamn miracle for cleaning small parts. I used some Shooters Choice until it got filthy, then some soap based stuff that I don’t have the name of. Both awesome so far, may try a water bath with parts in sealed jars and gasoline next time.

The biggest thing I was able to get in there was the jug from a KDX220. If you were going to try to do a 750 Holley I’m sure you’d need the 10L or bigger. Crank up the bath temp to 50-60C, turn on the ultrasonic energy, then go for lunch. LOL

I’m following to see what you guys are doing for solvents. Have fun!!

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't you make your own. A Tupperware tub and something that vibrates from the wife's tickle trunk...or an orbital sander

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't you make your own. A Tupperware tub and something that vibrates from the wife's tickle trunk...or an orbital sander
Ultrasonic and the wife's d!ldo are not the same frequency. If your wife is using her toys more frequently than you are using the ultrasonic cleaner, then may I suggest you reduce your frequency in the garage and increase your frequency in the bedroom.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use the vevor.ca brand ones at work.

So far has lasted a while and gets used frequently.

And seems like the best prices.
Yeah their prices look decent. They have two different brands. Curious which one is better?

Top Bottom