Two wheel kit for 2011 xp

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of installing a two wheel kit on my 2011 Summit 800 E-Tec 154" . Just looking for any feedback on installing the two wheel kit, pros and cons??

Thanks,

Billy Boy:cool:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look cool but I did not notice any difference and when I had the skid out, I noticed the axel was bent slightly after 1 season with just 2 wheels. Maybe I hit something??

Ski Pol

Reaction score
I'll let you know I just installed it on mine. I made a slight modification I added a third wheel to the middle. Someone on Dootalk recommended adding the third wheel.

Cheers

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running 3 wheels on the inside for 2300 miles(2100 are mine) with no problems that I see. Was on the sled when I bought it so cant comment on if it is off any benifit or not.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More wheels the better. Look at the hill climb sleds, they have 4

to expand a little more, research shows that 4 wheels gets the most power to the ground. What happens with the two wheel is the track somewhat "wraps" around the wheels and this causes a lose of power. As well the same effect as running a track way too loose, check out some you tube videos of guys doing major wheels at full throttle you will see it bending twice off the drivers. A moderately tight and STRAIGHT track is best for power to the ground. This effect will be more significant on a 1ply track vs a 2 ply.

As for two wheels... i have run two wheels on my 08 since new, i found it made a diffrence in easier sidehilling. Down fall was a little more unstable when doing major wheelies, but you could also recovery a little better than with the outside. i find there was less snow build up on the back end of the skid. and it does look cool.

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running 2 wheels on 3 sleds a 07 rev a 08 163 and a 2011 163 and total the 2 wheel kit has about 6000. Km on it and haven't had any troubles with it at all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran two inside wheels for a few seasons. I won't bother running anything but stock 3 wheels in the future on new sleds, and I might even put the 3rd wheel back in my '09.

With two wheels there is more pressure place on the two wheels. Brake a wheel, or in my case had the bearing fail, and now you only have one wheel to ride out on. There is not enough proven gains for me to consider running two. I never noticed any difference in any handling.

robhayward

Reaction score
I'm a 3 wheeler guy now too. I had 2 wheels since it started being popular but on a 146 you don't really need it. The track is short enough to not have any trouble sidehilling. And in fact when you have the skis up and get off line it seemed to make over correction more common. Out of control zig zags never make the vids....

Top Bottom