two stroke oil

EthanWbr

Reaction score
hey everybody i need opinions on what kind two stroke oil to run, power valve safe, whats good oil and whats bad oil

Thanks

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey everybody i need opinions on what kind two stroke oil to run, power valve safe, whats good oil and whats bad oil

Thanks

Canadian tire is BAD! I run synthetic, its the way to go. allthough I know some people that have had great luck with mineral.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsoil.....

INTERCEPTOR™ High Performance Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (AIT)
A high-performance two-cycle oil with a performance emphasis on exhaust power valves. Excellent for all types of snowmobiles, motorcycles, personal watercraft, ATVs and jet boats. Contains high levels of detergent additives to prevent valve sticking. High quality replacement for manufacturer branded oils. Injector use or 50:1 premix. JASO FC, API TC

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell Advance Synthetic. Sold at Canadian Tire and guaranteed for power valves. Should be going on sale here pretty quick.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the spectro full synthetic in all my rentals and personal sleds. Used to run amsoil but tired of the power valves gumming up and it smokin like a pig. Now with the spectro it doesn't smoke, doesn't stink, doesn't gum-up my power valves and works extremely well. I'd never put amsoil in anything of mine again.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the spectro full synthetic in all my rentals and personal sleds. Used to run amsoil but tired of the power valves gumming up and it smokin like a pig. Now with the spectro it doesn't smoke, doesn't stink, doesn't gum-up my power valves and works extremely well. I'd never put amsoil in anything of mine again.

How much is spectro per litre?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree!!! Pulled apv's on an M1000 with 570miles that ran nothing but INTERCEPTOR,from new....(gummed up)....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is spectro per litre?

We have it in gallon jugs for about 50.00 for the full synthatic. Crazy canadian put 4000miles on his turbo'd M8 last season running the full synthetic and had no issues what so ever, there was a 3thou difference in piston to cylinder clearance from brand to the end of the season. With a turbo that's pretty amazing in my books.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have it in gallon jugs for about 50.00 for the full synthatic. Crazy canadian put 4000miles on his turbo'd M8 last season running the full synthetic and had no issues what so ever, there was a 3thou difference in piston to cylinder clearance from brand to the end of the season. With a turbo that's pretty amazing in my books.

Im guna look into that, THANKS!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at running Mobil 1 MX2T this season since I can get it from work for pretty cheap. I looked over its specs and it seems like a pretty good synthetic oil. Anyone run it by chance? I usually run Amsoil interceptor or Shell Advance, no problems with either but I noticed the price of interceptor went up this year...:rant:

Anybody remember the Blue Marble craze a few years back?:eek:

Harp

Reaction score
Just My opinion. Spectro has been in Business a long time 1966.

FULL SYNTHETIC

Syn-Sno Full Synthetic Powervalve FormulaThis low ash, low pour synthetic lubricant keeps power valves and exhaust systems free of carbon deposits. No engine oil burns cleaner. Virtually smokeless, and flows to -57° Centigrade. May also be used as a pre-mix oil for racing applications. Excellent performance in Rotax snowmobile engine tests. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO-L-EGD + and API TC test requirements. For use in all — any year, no restrictions — two-cycle Arctic-Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, and Ski-Doo snowmobile engines.

Attachments

• Gallon%20&%20Quart%20650by470.jpg
    Gallon%20&%20Quart%20650by470.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 361

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell Advance Synthetic. Sold at Canadian Tire and guaranteed for power valves. Should be going on sale here pretty quick.

Yeah Im gonna run this stuff in my cat this year. All the guys I work with are running the shell advance synthetic and have been for a few years now and they all have good luck, also when c tire puts it on sale it is like $24 a 4l jug, which is always a nice perk, that way there is more money left for beer:beer::d

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just My opinion. Spectro has been in Business a long time 1966.

FULL SYNTHETIC

Syn-Sno Full Synthetic Powervalve FormulaThis low ash, low pour synthetic lubricant keeps power valves and exhaust systems free of carbon deposits. No engine oil burns cleaner. Virtually smokeless, and flows to -57° Centigrade. May also be used as a pre-mix oil for racing applications. Excellent performance in Rotax snowmobile engine tests. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO-L-EGD + and API TC test requirements. For use in all — any year, no restrictions — two-cycle Arctic-Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, and Ski-Doo snowmobile engines.

wat colour do you use?

martushev800

Reaction score
Well i've got a 2009 800 Summit and i've been using the Spectro Platinum Syn-Sno. Which is a full synthetic product. So far its worked great and i know a few guys that are running it also.As i am a distributor for Spectro i get quite a few guys grabbing the stuff. If you vist 49 North Lubricants - Welcome u can find the nearest supplier to you as 49 North is the Master Distributor for Western Canada. Ther is also The Golden Syn-Sno which is a semi-synthetic product and we also carry a mineral product which works great.Full Synthetic is powervalve formula safe so this product is popular with newest Arctic Cat, Ski-doo, Polaris and Yamaha models. It can also be pre-mixed at the manufacturers recommended ratios.It also exceeds all known manufacturers warranty requirements and ISO-L-EGD,JASO FC

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been using castrol mineral for 8 yrs now and never had an issue smoke isnt to bad, and doesn't seem to gum up the rave valves at all. best part is its cheap. around 20 bucks a gallon.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not only that, it usually goes on sale near the 3rd week of November for about $35 compared to normal $44. This is for 4 litres, not one of those silly US gallons that only hold 3.78 llitres. The dumb thing is they charge you about $.30 environmental fee which is for recycling the old oil. Personally I have never taken back old 2 stroke oil for recycling! I call it a cash grab! -------bad on you Canadian Tire!:nono:

Top Bottom