Two More Deaths - McBride

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers to the families and friends invovled.

I just dont understand anymore...Everyone knows the dangers.....I know that theres just something about riding the mountains.....BUT why put yourself at risk!!! WHY put your family and friend though HELL with worry, and possibly even worse. Cant it wait til next year? Is it worth your life? I just dont get it anymore. As I read "Fallen Angel" posts, it brings tears to my eyes every day, and wonder why... How many more POSTS about lost sledders will we all have to read!!:(

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow......This is getting really hard to believe. My condolences to everyone involved and especially the families.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A very sad day........I would like to send condolences to all of the families and friends involved. REST IN PEACE

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group has cancelled our Mcbride trip for this weekend. My whole family was worried sick already. We will ride together another day! RIP to those involved sad sad day!

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes very sad , hate to hear more of this , personaly think there is a reason for all this to happen , opened up my local paper tonite and see a freind of mine has passed away from cancer , so if your number is up you might as well go out enjoying what you like , does not make it any easier on the families and freinds but should console a little knowing they went out enjoying life

R.I.P and my thoughts and prayers are with all

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about another tragedy.Firefly and our group were suppose to be up tomorrow.Needless to say ,our plans have changed and to qoute pipes,"This dog is staying on the porch."...R.I.P guys...

Last edited:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are any names released yet?

Honestly this is crazy - when the conditions are the worst they have been in 100 years - why is anyone still going out riding? Live to ride next year - stay home AND OFF THE MOUNTAINS - WAY TOO DANGEROUS THIS SEASON!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soo it looks like its just me and teeroy on the hill....anyone else STILL going

Still looks like we're headin' on Sunday.. sledding Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at Vale. We're not into highmarking anyways. we'll stick to the lakes and meadows to stay out of harms way!

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will have to block the trail to keep me off the mountain next week. And it sounds like they might.

I dont mean to be rude, but I hear a news story every frigging day about a car accident that killed a guy, but I'm still driving to work every morning. hell, I still drive to work when the roads are ice covered and travel is not recommended, AND THATS FOR WORK!!!!

We need to play extra safe, and talk about the dangers, make smart decisions, and avoid the big slopes.

See you out there on Sunday

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still looks like we're headin' on Sunday.. sledding Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at Vale. We're not into highmarking anyways. we'll stick to the lakes and meadows to stay out of harms way!
There are plenty of safe areas to ride around Valemount, and in Renshaw. Just gotta be smart, and keep your head straight. Ride safe Ruck.....:beer:

Top Bottom