TV Replacement ?

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To make a long story shorter, I get to replace two tv`s in my home through an insurance claim. I am allowed up to $3400.00 for the total cost of the two but I can throw in additional money if need be.

I am certain one will be the 60' Sharp Aquos Quattron.

I am looking for suggestions on what to get for the other set. All I have decided is it will be in the 46" to 50" range and not a plazma.

I want to hear your suggestions and comments on what to get.

Last edited:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a big fan of the LED TV's I want a 3D tv in time once they been out for a couple yrs. I have a couple samsung TV's which are great, the new sharp aquos with the 4 color i think it is look sweet too. panasonic are nice too, but a little more spendy. Ive always been a fan of samsung!

mountaincatab

Reaction score
I bought the 60" Sharp Aquos from Future Shop right after Xmas. The salesman said they were by far the most popular selling set. I must admit they look sweet and the picture quality is awesome.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I got a samsung 6000 series 55" LED last spring when they first came out. Frickin awesome picture quality. I got everything hooked to it with HDMI cables through the stereo receiver which will upgrade any connection like component, s-link, etc. I've spent quite a bit of time researching before I bought and many hours standing in different shops comparing pictures under different lighting. Not to sure what the craze is about the quattron. The yellows didnt seem to explode off the tv to me. In my opinion it's just a gimmick to sell more. But go 1080p HD LED in whichever brand u choose.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent days looking at tvs before i finally settled for a Samsung had the best picture quality Sony was a close second. I liked Sony's 3d tvs better. I would recomend Lcd or led. I prefered the LED but the price is alot more.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a Panasonic Plasma...cheap $830 1080p,120hz. But the sound was horrific, bought a Polk audio front speaker with little sub...worked great except we mounted ours above the mantel. The stupid Polk thing you had to just about stand up for the remote to work....Bought a Logitech uni remote touch screen....didn't run the Bell pvr worth a crap. Loved the Sharp but the frame was way too big for our spot and the 40" was too small. Bought a Sony 713 LED 1080p,120hz and took all the other crap back! Basically that's how I spent my 3 weeks off at XMAS. Very happy with the Sony $1090 I think.

If you have the room I still think the plasma is your best bang for your buck. Just look at a line up of Plasma, LED, and LCD some of the bigger screens are a $1500 difference, I see a difference but for me not $1500 worth.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3D tv? who the hell wants to sit around their living room popping bubbles like a damn idiot strung out on catnip?
Just saying......
Its a fad and will pass.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. After looking on the net for 2 months and a few hours in stores, I ended up betting a 46" and the 60" Sharp Auos Quattro. I feel I got great deals as I paid $3482.00 OTD. This included all taxes and calibrations.
not sure if I needed the calibrations as picture is very good out of the box.

Top Bottom