Turtle

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What area does turtle consist of? Would any one highlight it on google earth as I have found no info on any maps. I have read to turn before or after the bridge on kirkup but that kinda seems weird, like you are on two different sides of the river....

Also read about closures on turtle, where abouts are those areas?

Any help would be appriciated.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can see on GE the Boulder ridge runs east-west parallel to and north of Highway1. The next range north (ie across the valley north of Boulder) is the Turtle area; to access it you take Kirkup trail but instead of turning left/south up Boulder you keep going straight up the valley a ways then turn right/north and climb up on Turtle. With the right machine/conditions you can drop straight down and up the valley between Boulder & Turtle in at least 1 location I know of.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah now i understand. Often looked at that face from below the cabin when playing off the kirkup.

Thanks

Reaction score
Turtle is a pretty fun area but things can get real western in a hurry onthe way in if you dont know what youre doing or are behind some idiots. its not groomed and you have some big avy exposure above you onthe way in

theres a few quick ways in and out if you look around and can carve downhill well.

at the top of the climbs onthe lakes, if you lob down the other side you can scoot around to the back end of boulder. watch out for creeks.

you can also get into eagles from turtle.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things can get real western thats for sure - there are enough dummies that try to get in that don't have the power or the talent and it just ruins the day for everybody else, trenching everything down to the ice....

Turtle is a pretty fun area but things can get real western in a hurry onthe way in if you dont know what youre doing or are behind some idiots. its not groomed and you have some big avy exposure above you onthe way in

theres a few quick ways in and out if you look around and can carve downhill well.

at the top of the climbs onthe lakes, if you lob down the other side you can scoot around to the back end of boulder. watch out for creeks.

you can also get into eagles from turtle.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent yet had a day ruined by less experienced riders..... anyway I was under the belief that, if you can see boulder your in the ski closure (stay on trail). Climbmax would know for sure though.

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
The Revelstoke Snowmobile Club works closely with CMH Heli Skiing to share the south face of Turtle and the trail access to the alpine. We ask all riders to stay on the trail until they hit the ridge or upper bowl and not go ripping up their ski runs. There is no closure on this area and we would like to keep it that way.CMH seems to only use Turtle on foggy days as it is close to town and the pilots can fly almost blind and by their gps. It is best to work with other stake holders than with government as we don't want to see this area closed down.

Greg

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya cloudy,foggy,snowy gets dark fast all the time have to ride in big circles until the wee hours just to find your way out I would not go in if I were you:p;):):confused:

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turtle doesn't exist. Shh?

Stay out?

Outta the bag?

Seriously. Wtf. Your one of those that doesn't want your "secret" spot known. Like the guy at the cabin that says "i cant tell you where we were." You wanna know my "secret" spots, go ahead ask. I'll tell you. And if I see tracks in there ill find some more technical terrain that others can't ride so i can continue to cut freshies all day long.

To all those who had some use full info, thanks.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of the comments were tongue in cheek, my outta the bag comment was anyways. Easy to take things the wrong way through forum posts.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my outta the bag comment was anyways. Easy to take things the wrong way through forum posts.

K forsure man. My apologies to you as i never noticed that 1 was your comment. Thanks for the pm with some useful info....

Last edited:
Top Bottom