Turtle

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^ its all relative lol, first time up there was 2003 for me

edit: kinda makes me curious though, I wonder when & who was first up there on a sled? I lived in Revy in the early '80s and although I didn't have a sled back then I know guys were going up Boulder/Frisby on 121" machines with plastic paddles bolted on. I doubt anyone was getting up Turtle due to the relatively difficult access on those machines though...

Last edited:

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old website never had that map on it. That is a new addition just a few days ago....

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Like someone said previously, it`s not for the faint of heart, you want to be an advanced rider, riding with someone who knows the area well, prepared for an emergency, prepared to overnight and have avy training for sure. It can be very challenging to say the least. Oh-Oh!!!!!!! Gravelerflipshort.mp4 Video by tougar-album | Photobucket

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looked at that website....lots of advertising for everything under the sun, but could not find a map anywhere....

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looked at that website....lots of advertising for everything under the sun, but could not find a map anywhere....

It's on the main map on the main page you scroll down to riding areas near the bottom of the page and it has a rolling list of all the riding areas around.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
^ its all relative lol, first time up there was 2003 for me

edit: kinda makes me curious though, I wonder when & who was first up there on a sled? I lived in Revy in the early '80s and although I didn't have a sled back then I know guys were going up Boulder/Frisby on 121" machines with plastic paddles bolted on. I doubt anyone was getting up Turtle due to the relatively difficult access on those machines though...
1993 was the first time we went in that area. We used to go in via the Copeland mine and made our way towards Boulder and the Kirkup drainage. Found logging block and road that took us back to Kirkup bridge.......been blasting through there ever since. There is 5 ways to access the mountain. Just depends on what your idea of fun is :) Love that zone!!!CheersRS

Top Bottom