Turning up oil pump on turbo etec

chad006

Reaction score
I just purchased a used xm with the aero kit, the dealer that installed it left the oil pump settings stock. Are you guys adjusting them at all? If so what did you set it to? It's the non snow to air kit running 6lbs and straight AV.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
I have the same set up. The guy that built my sled does on all his builds. He gets the dealer to do it and all he says is whatever it's at now, you go down a notch. Apparently thats what richens it up. Hope this helps and that it runs good for you, mine runs great, runs completely like stock (well a little better even) till 5000RPM, than its nothing but a good time!

Brojoe

Reaction score
Could you not just put a little oil in the full tank, rather then adjusting oil pump? I run a 2015 TSS insta boost turbo.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No gas goes through the bottom end, no extra oil would go to crank then

This is correct except the secondary injectors for the turbo is in the air box so yes the extra oil would go through the throttle bodies and down into the bottom end

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is correct except the secondary injectors for the turbo is in the air box so yes the extra oil would go through the throttle bodies and down into the bottom end
Nope Don, he stated straight av gas, with no oil

All the newer kits they turn the pulse width up on the pump to feed more oil

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but.... you still have to pre mix tank fuel at at least 50:1 or else the intake side of the piston will be washed by straight injector fuel and kiss your motor good bye.. I have pump turned up and mix at 40:1 and have big miles on my current motor. good luck

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not an etec expert, but it is my understanding that the fuel is injected on the top side of the combustion chamber very close to top dead center. How could a premix help the inlet side of the piston?
but.... you still have to pre mix tank fuel at at least 50:1 or else the intake side of the piston will be washed by straight injector fuel and kiss your motor good bye.. I have pump turned up and mix at 40:1 and have big miles on my current motor. good luck

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boost fuel comes from secondary injectors in the air box

Last edited:

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anymore info on any of this? I think i'm going to get the dealer to turn up my oil use and run amsoil Sabre oil in the AV gas. Within reason, but the more lube the better i would say.

Last edited:

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope Don, he stated straight av gas, with no oil

All the newer kits they turn the pulse width up on the pump to feed more oil
Bang on with turning up the pulse width.

And I wish I would have known this. I did exactly that on my 12 XP.

Turbs

Reaction score
I have left oil pump setting stock and add oil to the fuel so when on boost its covered .This will be third season .

Top Bottom