Turbo XMs

Vanderberg

Reaction score
Was that Chris McCoy by chance if so that's my brother and I haven't road since the accident either if not my condolences sorry

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain mod mania. Why dont you swing by my shop I have a 13 xm here with the full Boondocker inter cooled kit, with the gtx 2863 turbo, full venting, thermostat, all required engine work done. We did this sled last fall the owner has put 1700 trouble free miles on it this season. Straight av gas, oil injected, 10 lbs of boost. I can go through it with you and show you exactly where your money is being spent. The sled is here for summer work so feel free to stop by, for that matter anybody who is interested in boosting their xm is free to stop by.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol ya the season went to crap this year but thats my luck, allways bad lol. I've been in worse situatons with big bores blowing up every two rides also. I knew what to expect from the kit when up so it was just a long road getting there, now that its up and running alls well with the world. With the updates and porting I did this year I think I'm gonna be mega happy once i work out the kinks.. At 7lbs its pretty rank. Can't wait to do the head work and go to 10.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say at 5800.00bux for a aero kit w/snow to air is a crazy deal! If i needed a kit i'd be all over it in a sec lol

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been away from sledding last month, or so since Chris passed away in Revy... And been busy with other stuff

i also on that trip broke a con rod and did motor in on my Aerocharger kit.... Not sure if a base gasket blew out and hydro locked or not, but a big mess over all

I love the aero kit and hp it produces and had it running great, but when it comes to making that much more power with the turbo kits, at hi boost it's just a matter of time before carnage happens

seen aero chargers, TSS and so on all this year getting towed and chopper out so don't think by making big boost your go forever... That's false hope that will bite you for sure... We all get lucky one year

think the best answer for duration is lower boost... Even 5 lbs is a ass kicker sled that will get you 60plus mph track speed on a 174 three inch..

my two cents
Do you think it's a fueling issues ?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like was mentioned earlier about low boost... if i can can make 240 hp with 7 pounds of boost im happy... i don't need crazy boost and big hp numbers.... all i want from a turbo is reliability so im not one of those tools calling the helicocksucker to come get my busted sled.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol every time i see fred say 60mph plus @ 5lbs i think to myself he must weigh about 60 lbs cuz with me weighing in at 290 with gear and avy pack plus gerry cans i must be bogging her waaaaay down.. haha

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k so conclusion.... if i bought an aero kit rite now... and ket it at the 6 or 7 pounds boost.... i should be fine without engine work... and my motor wont blow up on me.... and i should be a happy camper.... correct. Sick1 i weigh about the same this is why i to am looking for a little more GOGO juice

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol every time i see fred say 60mph plus @ 5lbs i think to myself he must weigh about 60 lbs cuz with me weighing in at 290 with gear and avy pack plus gerry cans i must be bogging her waaaaay down.. haha

You're probably giving up about 90lbs on rider weight and close to another 70lbs on your sled. I'm not sure about the 60mph @ 5lbs but it's up there!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can vouche for the 60mph at 5psi as well... Granted we are turning a 162 vs 174.... And that sustained for all you technical gurus on the site. Peaks are like 65-67. But i am also lighter than most you guys.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well msm id say you should be good. I'm the guy that should be worried about blowing up lol, I have 3100miles on my original stock engine, two hundred on 7lbs boost. I figure with the oil pump being bumped up and running 100LL mixed at 50:1 I should be safe det and oil wise. I'm hoping to still log on about 4 to 5 hundred miles yet this year, If I make it which i'm sure I will then new pistons and head mod in the off season.
Guess I pack way to heavy but sometimes i'm over 80km back so i prefer to be a little prepared if things go bad. I sure would like to see 60 mph @7lbs but i'm thinking i'm loosing some track speed to clutch slippage since my belt life is low and clutches running real hot.
What are your guys afr #s at wot? I try to stay safe at 12.5-7. do you guys run around 13? if I leaned it out a bit im sure I would pick up a couple mph. Also what gearing are you running? 50mph with 51/19 55mph with 51/23. Maybe 51/21 might be better, somewhere in the middle. dunno..

Snow chasser

Reaction score
I have the instaboost TSS kit on my 13 XM, it flat out rocks. The Micku boys customer service is second to none. I can't say enough about them and how well my sled works. Its for sale... just sayin. T3 174 instaboost is the next project for me.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the snow on the 22x today on twitter....got me
excited and thinking... chassie from c3 should be soon, plans to do a bb turbo as well in feeling

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSS no question suport the Canadian crew besides the azz kicken riding you will get to Doo when you pick it up.:D

MarkBrideau

Reaction score
One guy mentioned getting BRP to turn up your oil pump, is there a certain speed or voltage change that you ask for or what did you ask for specifically

Top Bottom